DIY projects?

Do-It-Yourself building projects and instructions

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: DIY projects?

Postby russau » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:00 am

and the last of them. seems i cant add but 1 picture to each post.
Attachments
DSC02328.JPG
DSC02328.JPG (90.52 KiB) Viewed 6576 times
russau

Postby russau » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:04 am

the sun was really briliant this morning when i took these pics. it didnt show the earthtone paint os satin green and tan. i built this just to try out some different mattings that i have.im wanting to either try it out in Wyoming or Colorado this year. if anything goofs up this trip ill head to the Missouri or Mississippi Rivers or maybe to Indiana to see my ole friend Chuck Lassiter and Mike Phelps and a GREAT BIG THANKYOU goes to Leonard!! the matts im going to try out are Veranda,Vortex,Gold Hog
russau

Postby Hoser John » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:45 am

:D come on spring as Russau is purt' near sprung :lol: lookn' good bud-John
Hoser John

Postby russau » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:08 pm

well im hopeing it works good enough to test these matts! who knows, as time goes it may be my main dredge and ill have to sell the 4 because of my back and the rest of the ole bod! :evil: I havent weighed this thing but it feels a lot lighter than my 2 inch Proline dredge that i sold a couple of years ago!
russau

Postby russau » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:45 pm

those trips aren't going to happen Dick! Dr. appointment next week will tell all!
russau

Postby Hoser John » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:53 am

:) Truly wish ya all the best Russ.......fingers, toes and only god knows what other parts I have crossed for good luck for ya ..take care-John
Hoser John

Postby dickb » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:17 am

Russ:

I hope the Doc has good news for you. I took me a long time to recover after I hurt my back. We heal much slower at our age and it sometimes looks bleak. Just keep a positive attitude and hope for the best.

Same advice for both you and Leonard.....
Take care and don't stop dreaming.

dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby russau » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:27 am

Right now , its not my back so much as its my knees/ankles that are giving my fits!
russau

Postby russau » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:09 am

this little 2 inch dredge is turning out to be a DELUX modle. 2 different sluices, several different mat types includeing Gold Hog mats ,my homemade 2 inch VORTEXRX styled jet and now I made my own 2 inch venture nozzle. so now this 2 inch dredge has every possible combo to take advantage of stream conditions! sure wish it was 4 ! But then I couldnt haul it around.id probly have to pay someone to go out with it and have fun if it was! and in reality , ill probly have to have someone else run this one!!
russau

Postby russau » Tue May 03, 2016 4:08 pm

I purchased one of Keenes 2.5 HP /P90 pumps for this dredge and it arrived today. I just may try it out really soon! This is a lot quitter than the engine and pump I got from Leonard and it runs really good BUT. this new engine pump is going tobe more versatile for different conditions and set ups! Looks like im going to be back in the swing of building different things. I only hope that my back holds up ! the knee seems to be getting better by the week. I almost bought one of the WX15 pumps BUT its GPM and PSI were kinda limp but it would have work BUT not as versatile as this new set up.
russau

PreviousNext

Return to DIY