5" dredge Project

Do-It-Yourself building projects and instructions

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: 5" dredge Project

Postby Hoser John » Wed May 16, 2012 6:05 am

;) since when is it ok to use consumers wallets as your private crash test dummies. Just like the brown hoax this is bs---John :?
Hoser John

Postby YellowFever » Wed May 16, 2012 10:49 am

Reno badboy wrote:Nice work bud! I don't really care for that air pump though. My bud has one of the new tripple sluice 4" , and he went threw 2 in one summer. Luckly Keene sent him new ones for free!! Just because he went to the shop and bought it new from them. Is that a soda tank your using for air?? It works???? Might have to use the ones I have!!!!
Yup that's a soda syrup keg and they work awesome!! just have to retrofit it out to hook up to your air line and your good to go!
YellowFever

Postby YellowFever » Wed May 16, 2012 10:54 am

Gold Seeker wrote:
Reno badboy wrote:Nice work bud! I don't really care for that air pump though. My bud has one of the new tripple sluice 4" , and he went threw 2 in one summer. Luckly Keene sent him new ones for free!! Just because he went to the shop and bought it new from them. Is that a soda tank your using for air?? It works???? Might have to use the ones I have!!!!

Keene has totally redesigned the the KAC compressor as of last November because of all the problem with the first released KACs, I haven't heard of anyone that has used/tested the latest design that would let us know if Keene really has fixed the issues.

http://markkeeneeng.blogspot.com/2011/1 ... essor.html

Skip
I got one of the first of the new-inproved-kac-air-compressors early last year and it seems to work very well! I have used these units for about 4 years now and the earlier ones are POS! the only reason that im using it on this project is that i got it for free! but I will replace it with a 263 someday.
YellowFever

Postby highdesertranger » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:47 pm

yellow fever nice looking build. what brand of inflatable is that? aluminium floor, solid black. me like. i need a new one, you can't beat an inflatable, they are just so expensive. highdesertranger
highdesertranger

Postby YellowFever » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:46 pm

the pontoons are ProMack, they seem to work very well.
I'm woring the bugs out of the system now.
YellowFever

Postby n.h.gold » Tue May 28, 2013 6:11 pm

So how did that sluice work out? I'm building on and an looking at different designed and ideas.thanks,parker
n.h.gold

Postby russau » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:59 pm

old post BUT id sure like to see how your dredge has done for you!
russau

Postby russau » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:23 am

Ive been wanting to build a 5 inch subbie for many years and this Winter I may just do that but itll be for the fun of making it Because I cant get out to use it anymore. that's why I sold my 4 inch dredge! and now probly my 2 inch dredge I built several years ago and never got it wet! WITHDRAWL is hard on a F.O.G.!!!!!!!!!!! maybe ill take up knitting or checkers??? :lol:
russau

Postby Hoser John » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:44 am

Gems/minerals/cutting/cabbing is a good option?? Treasure stories abound all along the old Mississippi. I like the local Historical Society as they always need a hand but not physically laborious. Looks like with the absolute ban on all mining in kalif my over/under subie will never be so sold the materials to help pay for op last week. Down to 4 dredges and getting the shakes, time to play is coming as back getting better..... :o till I do something STUPID again hahahaha ;) John
Hoser John

Postby russau » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:24 pm

John I wish youall would be back in the water dredgeing this comeing Summer!
russau

PreviousNext

Return to DIY