Ribbed or Nomad? Old argument, I know...

Do-It-Yourself building projects and instructions

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: Ribbed or Nomad? Old argument, I know...

Postby CalGoldDredger » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:11 pm

Hoser, for the records, I checked the under box on this here new style Keene 6" and the low profile riffles have a large flat base which presses the expanded metal into the carpet quite nicely. They pulled that one off ???

However, I did notice that on the upper sluice the back end the two last riffles have a slight gap between them and the carpet. Should not be any gold that close to the tailing pile anyhow, so no biggy. :roll:

Was well worth having a closer look, thanks bud. I still rather just hack it all out to fit my situation better and lighten up the load. Image

I have already had to do a bunch of hacking and tweaking just to get this dredge to run right. Keene for ya. :lol:
CalGoldDredger

Postby Hoser John » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:39 am

As a platform to modify and work from they're ok after some tweaking. I still have a old keene unit I used to rent with a 4"O/U mod and the semi-flare header-best of both worlds-good for clay and micron too. I'll be running tommorrow as the clouds have dropped 3+ inches in a few dayz and time to reclaimanate-tons a au 2 u 2 -John stay warm for the duration as spring is starting to show here-MASSIVE BLOOMS OF POISON OAK--lovely just bloody lovely :evil:
Hoser John

Postby DiggerD » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:39 am

Sorry Hoser, don't mean to pester, didn't get an answer on this..."I need the size of dredge to accurately answer your question" --- "3/16 punch plate 3/16"x 3 = 9/16" gap My dredge is a 3".
Thanks,
Digger
Is it 0:beer thirty yet?
DiggerD

Postby Hoser John » Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:15 am

:o DOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH(HOMER TALK NOW REAL WORD IN THE DICTIONARY) please forgive the senior moment. I had a list of a dozen or so requests and accidently x'd you out by mistake. I will get pix and dimensions to you today as huge storm a brewing, pulling dredge and going to MD as crunched finger-dumb old man forget that 2 1/2" nibbles at your fingers but that 4" *&^%$# goes CRUNCH!!!!! John sorry :roll:
Hoser John

Postby CalGoldDredger » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:43 pm

Hoser John wrote: please forgive the senior moment.

Hey at least you can admit it. Unlike some. :lol:
CalGoldDredger

Postby DiggerD » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:56 pm

No worries... your effort is appreciated.
DiggerD

Postby Hoser John » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:20 pm

Yet another DOHHHHH I sent all the info to Gunmetal because he sent me a real email addy. Huge troubles with Microsoft erasing XP scan programs and UPDATING me unknowingly-yet bloody again-with 7 VISTA programs my puter won't support :evil: 3 rd time in 4 months I've been disabled on my email scan capabilities. I have tried infanview from GO many times and now it don't want to work either. Maybe Gunmetal can post the email (minus our info) and all can see. Anyhow also forgot to include,up and posting & running since 4 am so 1 more screwup. The rod spacer seperating the slider tray and the top riffles sits on a 3/8" square rod and the rails. The punchplate holes that feed the bottom are 3/16" and top feed to the upper riffles are 5/16" and extend over the smaller riffles to within 1/2" of the top first small riffle to protect the bigger goodies and create a ramp to flow up and out. The punchplate sits almost on the bottom at the rear and sets up on the seperator and over the first tiny riffle. I'll try that stinking infanview again tommorrow when I can see but Gunmetal has the goodies and I am dead dog tired and shot from a long cold bloody busy day. Maybe he can forward to ya or post here.Time to shower and fall out-John :oops:
Hoser John

Postby gunnmetal » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:43 am

Thank You Hoser John

very helpful.

Punchplate size is 3/16" to the bottom feed and 5/16" to feed the small first riffle. It does NOT sit flat but must be about 1/4" from the bottom of the box in back and ramps up to the slider plate that seperates the 2 sets a riffles. Bottom carpet is of no matter but the absolute best AMAZING carpet is indoor/outdoor VARIGATED CARPET. Very high loop,and staggered to increase the retention area considerably. Last pix shows the 1/2" lip that sets on the very edge of the seperator plate. It protects them 5/16" ++ nuggets from the upper and prevents any rocks from going back into the lower box also. It maintains the height at exactly 1 1/2 times the punchplate hole size to allow cleaning on the first mini riffle. The punchplate is about at a 1 1/2" rise from back to front. This forces MANY more fines below and makes all materials crawl up and over for much better cleaning. 12 1/2" of small ans 5 1/2" bigger for top.17" x 15 1/2-angle also allows a bigger punch than flat. John
Attachments
hoser5x.JPG
hoser5x.JPG (73.88 KiB) Viewed 5730 times
Copy of hoser4.jpg
Copy of hoser4.jpg (123.79 KiB) Viewed 5730 times
Copy of hoser3.jpg
Copy of hoser3.jpg (74.4 KiB) Viewed 5730 times
Copy of hoser2.jpg
Copy of hoser2.jpg (74.07 KiB) Viewed 5730 times
Copy of hoser1.jpg
Copy of hoser1.jpg (106.58 KiB) Viewed 5730 times
gunnmetal

Postby CalGoldDredger » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:37 pm

Gotta luv those old Keene crash boom bang boxes.
CalGoldDredger

Postby DiggerD » Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:13 am

Gonna respond, just need some time to digest what I'm seeing.
Thanks for the info.
DiggerD

PreviousNext

Return to DIY