Ribbed or Nomad? Old argument, I know...

Do-It-Yourself building projects and instructions

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: Ribbed or Nomad? Old argument, I know...

Postby Hoser John » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:06 am

No NO NOT-- just take a gander at the jet inlet--SEMI FLARE ONLY= 2 BOXES IN 1. Half way between a crash(much smaller header) and a complete flare. You run a lil slow for a complete flare experience for easy recoverable materials. THEN crank that engine up and it'll smash the clay balls and chunks a impacted gravels to pieces. Now ain't that a peach?? Cut your seperator plate to only have enough to hold the lip of the punchplate up. The HUGE OPEN area ,and much larger holes in the punch,allows almost twice as much gravels and water down below. Classification is the mother of recovery. The lower is a simple ol' stock under as the under is under constant pressure from the ramped up (NEVER FLAT EVER) punchplate for EXTREME classification. I've seen folks try to open up tiny keen punch with the tiny holes but not long enough to form a ramp up and not enough meat between the tiny hole to support much of a improvement. Heavier rubber from OSH and always remember to run the rubber with the proper durameter and arch the right way or it don't work. :lol: That AGGREGRATE carpet beats ribbed/moss/and anything I have ever seen,every last pro dredger I know that eats outta his box uses it for over 25 years now. Thick,and staggered,and catch gold like nothing else and you can shut the engine off/plugups and nothing stops it from functioning properly,no cement like moss. The bigger semi flare header is great as is longer and higher and bigger is better too. It's just a sittn' as MASSIVE rains hit for 2 days and COLD too. Almost time for the 5 reclaimanator to run too!!! BY the by--for all you folks concerned about the noise you make :roll: a simple fix is in order(5 hp engines) # 692304 briggs low tone muffle(50% reduction) $42 or the SUPER LOW TONE 691969(80% reduction) at $54.95 quiets things down and you can still get'r'done--albeit quieter :lol: SILENCE IS GOLDEN AND CAN MAKE YOU RICH--tons a au 2 u 2-John PS :D thanx Gunmetal--I'm no computer guy and reducing and posting for me is much appreciated as MS has driven me to distraction!!!
Hoser John

Postby CalGoldDredger » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:00 pm

True genius John !!! Funny how us miners are just that way. Image
Yep, my dad is also quite fond of the old crash boxes and he too is wise in the ways of the "old school" methods. :roll:
Me on the otherhand, after using the new style dredges for some time, I just don't have the finesse and patients any longer for those crash boxes.
How 'bout that there weather Hoser, rain below and a good dose of the snow up top. SWEET!!! Image
CalGoldDredger

Postby Hoser John » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:48 am

HEADER BOX FLARE PIC IS MISSING?? What a laugh,this computer mess is driving me to distraction. The larger flare header killed the crash completely and then keene finally relented and made the over/under conversion and then finally their version of a o/u box minus a header completely, 3 way(where are the other 2 gals). It is nice to have the best of both worlds available with a throttle adjustment and a leveling of the box for differing feeds. The only problem that a headerless box has(impacted gravels/clayballs)are addresed with this specific configuration of header.. Have a geek showing up tonite to try and fix all the software problems, said he's seen a lot lately and might have to dump everything and reboot. Turns out that YAHOO dumped their old software and ISP carrier too so this is on top of the microsoft VISTA replacements on my XP mess. Did you know the MS won't let you update a XP to Vista(checking on new #7 updates too??) now --revenge for hating VISTA and it's lousy system?? :lol: Oh well. Plenty of rain and 5" almost ready to go. 32 DEGREES means I ain't going in that water today,I may be stubborn but that last FREEZING plunge cost me later bigtime--can we say arthritic agaony?? 8-) Small price to pay for a reclaimanator-tons a au 2 u 2 -John
Hoser John

Postby Hoser John » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:09 am

100_1181.jpg
100_1181.jpg (51.83 KiB) Viewed 5428 times
What a hoot-from Kodak to adobe--to picasa--to infanview--to desktop to folder-to folder and then infanview again-then to desktop and then 6 clicks and a scan and I'm here. Now ain't that ez to do??? Damn MS?YAHOO?att.net all to LL. Anyhow the flare expands the 4" jet holder to appx 9-10" and the increased angle of the induction--and the much greater distance from the box in conjunction with the taller header and also the header is longer than a crashbox. This ain't a crashbox to be sure. Since we introduced o/u technology this came out and I decided to rip off the crash header and play with a new design on the antique old faithful to see if I could reverse engineer a fix to make her better-the old girl sucks like a banshee and dual use setups have increased fines/running times/ease of use for about 10 years now---still prefer straight flare BUT--much smaller--much easier to use--less than 1/2 the cost to retrofit old smash & crash styles too- John-- any body wanna bet this post comes out ok??
Attachments
100_1182.jpg
100_1182.jpg (57.09 KiB) Viewed 5428 times
Hoser John

Postby Hoser John » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:11 am

:shock: OMG it worked :lol: stubborn obcessive compulsive old man :roll: :mrgreen:
Hoser John

Postby CalGoldDredger » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:59 pm

Nice mud hole, by the way. Image
CalGoldDredger

Postby Hoser John » Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:31 am

:lol: mud in lower half--curtain keeps 90% below,maintains level and lets me run up to 2 hours with clarity but COLD R'THAN ALL MY X WIVES LAWYERS HEART---John :o
Hoser John

Postby russau » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:56 pm

now thats really cold John!!
russau

Postby CalGoldDredger » Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:20 pm

But I am sure the gold just warms the soul. :D
CalGoldDredger

Postby DiggerD » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:32 am

OK, sorry for the long delay. I've just arrived back from computer hardware hell! Took me three builds from spare parts to get something up and running. Anyways....

Lets see if I get this right... 3/16" punchplate for the lower sluice, ramped up to the upper sluice starting at 1/4" from the base of the flare. Makes sense to me but how do you adjust your slider plate for
variable conditions? I mean, if you slide the plate back, it would ramp up the 5/16" punchplate. I have to travel to different locations and have to be able to adjust. I can't quite get the gist of the size of gap between the the bottom of the slider plate and the top of the riffles in the lower sluice. Sorry. :oops:
I'm using 3/4" raised expanded on top of ribbed carpet for my lower sluice.
"AMAZING carpet is indoor/outdoor VARIGATED CARPET" Where does one find this type of carpet?
Also... I purchased 1/8" punchplate for lower sluice classification, is this too small? I also purchased 1/2" punchplate to lay over everything, down to the first set of large riffles in the upper sluice.

Thanks for putting up with me, :roll:
Is it 0:beer thirty yet?
DiggerD

PreviousNext

Return to DIY