Here is my updated Trammell

Do-It-Yourself building projects and instructions

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: Here is my updated Trammell

Postby stan in colo » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:02 pm

Haven put much thot to when...throw some dates out there.Let see what we can do stan
stan in colo

Postby h20prospector » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:34 am

When does Cache Creek officially open? Is it just one day of the whole weekend? Our club (COS GPAA) is supposed to have an outing labor day, (not 100% sure) but if that's opening day/weekend, I'd rather not go due to all the people who will flock there. I've only been to the little stream that everyone goes to, right off the parking lot, but I've heard there's other water. I have no conflicts to any day in June that I know of, so I'm open to just about any day(s) that fits your schedule, seeing I'm totally retired. Balls back in your court :mrgreen: ......pat
Retired AF Veteran - 26 years
LDMA/GPAA/GPOC/PLP member
Ice & fly fisherman

'If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.'

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!
h20prospector

Postby stan in colo » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:23 pm

Hey H2O, naw I dont want to go opening weekend either,I like to avoid crowds...Maybe 2nd or 3rd weekend in June....I might be going up to Alma,the end of May if the weather ever gets
straightened out...warmer.And it depends on what the guy is going to charge to dig.supposed to
be an area the Fairplay dredge didnt get to.Gold and silver onsite...Heard from Pickaxe????
Stan
stan in colo

Postby h20prospector » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:41 pm

No I haven't heard from him in awhile. I was hoping he would see this post and chime in with his 2 cents on the subject. I'll be in the Bailey area 14-16 May, but on a retreat for men, not prospecting. Is the area in Fairplay and/or Alma on a claim, or private property?
Retired AF Veteran - 26 years
LDMA/GPAA/GPOC/PLP member
Ice & fly fisherman

'If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.'

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!
h20prospector

Postby stan in colo » Sat May 01, 2010 7:35 pm

H20,not sure if it is a claim or private....I'll find out soon....Stan
stan in colo

Postby Geo-George » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:10 pm

Well Stan, the season's over, how did it work? :?:
I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I am now qualified to do anything with nothing.
Now, I just have to find the time to put the dang thing together.
Geo-George

Postby stan in colo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:31 pm

Well the first trip out was kind of a dud,wound up working more on it than digging,the cylinder
was jamming,the spray bar,because of the pressure was riding up against the drum and screen.
And eventually jammed and broke the spray bar,and because I didnt drill big enough holes in the spray bar,it wasnt washing the gravel.I was running more gravel on the ground than what was going thru the sluice.That was a day to be forgotten.And didnt find much color either.
Got it back home to the shop.and did alot of things to correct the problems,Bigger holes in the spray bar,longer spray bar,it actuallly sits just inside the hopper,and wont jam against the drum.Had it up to Cache in July,It did very well,worked flawlessly,didnt find much gold,but had
fun.Only got to go up 2 times to do some digging,couldnt find anyone to go along.My Mrs.doesnt want me to go alone.First outing was Memorial weekend,at Alma.Already getting
the itch to go.Got a few months yet........................Stan
stan in colo

Postby Geo-George » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:34 am

Since the spray bar rubbing was the only issue, I'd say ya succeeded with your trommel.
Everything else worked fine and that's great. ;)
Good luck in '11!

Ya did a great job, I like the hand nozzle. :)
I have done so much, with so little, for so long, that I am now qualified to do anything with nothing.
Now, I just have to find the time to put the dang thing together.
Geo-George

Postby stan in colo » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:05 pm

Yea the hand spray nozzle sure works nice for cleanups. Cant wait for spring.
stan in colo

Previous

Return to DIY