Here is my updated Trammell

Do-It-Yourself building projects and instructions

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Here is my updated Trammell

Postby stan in colo » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:06 pm

Here's my winter project.Improved from last year.Hope it works as good as it looks..lol
Attachments
trammell 1.jpg
Rebuilt this winter,many Improvements
trammell 1.jpg (73.14 KiB) Viewed 7073 times
stan in colo

Re: Here is my updated Trammell

Postby russau » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:44 am

looks nice! i like the 12vdc wiper motor! is this a Bill Fletcher design or is it your design?
russau

Postby Hoser John » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:48 am

tromel
Hoser John

Postby stan in colo » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:26 pm

It is my own design,built from scratch.Stainless frame work,(thin wall),old truck air or vacuum
tank,and the wiper motor,2 speeds.I only use the low side of the motor.Sluice box,is wood,soon to have an aluminum one.Home built riffles,also aluminum.Cant wait to get it out,and get it dirty.
stan in colo

Postby CalGoldDredger » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:09 pm

Hoser- TROMMEL with two M's LOL :P but who I am I to say.

I want one, nice job.
CalGoldDredger

Postby geno » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:03 am

Nice job. before I got sick, I was designing a 3 stage trommel/separator. It had 3 different size screens and each section of screen would feed it's own sluice box, making clean-up and classifying quick,easy and relatively painless.
Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Marcie Foleyhttp://www.campgeno.com
geno

Postby pickaxe » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Hey Stan, nice project! With that open mesh you could run the spraybar outside the drum. Where did you find the mesh? The places I've looked have been frighteningly expensive. Looks like your about ready for Cache creek.
pickaxe

Postby h20prospector » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:19 am

Stan - your trommell and my highbanker should make an awesome combo at cache creek. Pickaxe, the area we spoke of, do you think the three of us could make a dent in it, in say three or four days? I know the engine size is limited to 5 hp. Proline only makes a 5.5 horsepower for my unit which is 3". Anyone know what is the hose attached to the foot valve limited too? The intake hose is 2.5" Any comments about whether the BLM would budge for 1/2 a hp.

h20prospector
Retired AF Veteran - 26 years
LDMA/GPAA/GPOC/PLP member
Ice & fly fisherman

'If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.'

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!
h20prospector

Postby golden optimist » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:02 pm

h20prospector wrote:Stan - your trommell and my highbanker should make an awesome combo at cache creek. Pickaxe, the area we spoke of, do you think the three of us could make a dent in it, in say three or four days? I know the engine size is limited to 5 hp. Proline only makes a 5.5 horsepower for my unit which is 3". Anyone know what is the hose attached to the foot valve limited too? The intake hose is 2.5" Any comments about whether the BLM would budge for 1/2 a hp.

h20prospector

If you guys, or even better if you are girls, get something going as a group thing, let me know. I'd like to come not as a participent but as an observer. I'd film, photograph, comment a lot, and provide the comedy entertainment at night. Overall, just have a great time with you.
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby stan in colo » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:04 pm

Thanks guys, I got the mesh at the hardware store,it is 5/16.Ive got a whole roll of it.And yes
Im ready for cache,got to get the permit yet.But I am ready, I would like to know if my little
2.5 horse 1 1/2 inlet and outlet,will get me water at cache? How far away is the water from the
highbanking area? I think I have about 150 feet of hose.
stan in colo

Next

Return to DIY