Here is my updated Trammell

Do-It-Yourself building projects and instructions

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: Here is my updated Trammell

Postby russau » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:41 pm

to know if that pump will get the water to your device you need to say how much up hill iy is and how much head that pump has to get that water there.
russau

Postby pickaxe » Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:56 pm

Stan, the water is from between 40ft to 100ft or so away. 150 ft is plenty. And next to no uphill, maybe 8ft at the extreme.

H20prospector, yeh, we could make a dent, for sure. Couldn't really say on the extrs 1/2hp. The inlet on your intake hose is limited to 1.5in.

Leonard, iffn we can get it together we'll call on your filmography skills. Could be our 15 minutes of fame?!
pickaxe

Postby stan in colo » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:28 pm

I'm game,I guess cache doesnt open until memorial day,eh....
stan in colo

Postby russau » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:46 am

if Leonard is anywhere near you and he has his video camara,make sure you dont do ANYTHING that could be consrued as embarassing to you. if you do it,he will tape it! words to remember while Leonard is around! i know this from past experiences!
russau

Postby h20prospector » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:04 am

pickaxe wrote:Stan, the water is from between 40ft to 100ft or so away. 150 ft is plenty. And next to no uphill, maybe 8ft at the extreme.

H20prospector, yeh, we could make a dent, for sure. Couldn't really say on the extrs 1/2hp. The inlet on your intake hose is limited to 1.5in.

Leonard, iffn we can get it together we'll call on your filmography skills. Could be our 15 minutes of fame?!

Pickaxe - How much hp my engine has isn't marked anywhere on it, however, I can't do much about size of my inlet, so I won't be able to legally use the unit, as that information has to go on the permit. From where the trommel will be located to where the material is, is there room for a wheelbarrow to navigate? This is the best way I know of to move a large amount of material without carrying buckets back and forth. Is there a need to classify the material before putting into the trommel?

Stan - what size pressure hose do you use from the pump to the unit? I have 60' of 1 1/2' hose if it will work and is needed.

I've heard from other sources that you want to act very civilized when Leonard is filming, otherwise our 15 minutes of fame could go down in flame!

h20prospector
Retired AF Veteran - 26 years
LDMA/GPAA/GPOC/PLP member
Ice & fly fisherman

'If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.'

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!
h20prospector

Postby pickaxe » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:54 pm

H20, you can neck your inlet hose down and run a short section of 1.5in and its acceptable. Problem for you would be needing a 1.5in footvalve. A guy could run a 12in pump, if it were running a 1.5 footvale and hose. :lol:

You can set your highbanker right at your diggins and shovel right into it, or there is a large flat area right there and yes a 'barrow could work.
pickaxe

Postby h20prospector » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:56 pm

pickaxe wrote:H20, you can neck your inlet hose down and run a short section of 1.5in and its acceptable. Problem for you would be needing a 1.5in footvalve. A guy could run a 12in pump, if it were running a 1.5 footvale and hose. :lol:

You can set your highbanker right at your diggins and shovel right into it, or there is a large flat area right there and yes a 'barrow could work.

Pickaxe - I sent Proline an email outlining what you suggested, and they say I would do more harm than anything to my engine and pump. Rather than do some harm, I just won't bring it to Cache Creek, as there are too many limitations. I think bringing about a yard and a half of material to Stan's trommel will be sufficient. How many day's should we run this outing?

h20prospector
Ice & fly fisherman

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!
h20prospector

Postby pickaxe » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:13 pm

Pat, what Proline said is just hogwash. I could see if your running all out all day, maybe. But pulling water 100 foot or less, your pump would be loafing maybe 1/2 throttle. But it's your equiptment.

And not to be a stick in the mudd, early season or late season may work, but I'm not interested in going when there is a mob up there. Besides, I've got dredging to do. :D But we will play it by ear, as going with some folks instead of just me sounds like a hoot. And we have Leonard and the "rest of the story" to get to , don't we?
pickaxe

Postby stan in colo » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:20 pm

h20 I have 1 1/2 all the way,and usually have plenty of water,as for classifying,before putting in the tromell,not really needed,just keep the Big rocks out by classifying by shovel....Id say softball
and larger,at this point...
stan in colo

Postby h20prospector » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:26 pm

Have you determined a date when you will take your trammel to Cache Creek? When you go for more than a day, do you camp out there or stay in Buena Vista?

h20prospector
Ice & fly fisherman

h20prospector

PreviousNext

Return to DIY