NEED IDEA'S ON A IDEA

Do-It-Yourself building projects and instructions

Moderators: russau, Leonard

NEED IDEA'S ON A IDEA

Postby stang » Mon May 17, 2010 5:14 pm

The Doc's have cut on me and I have smoked way to much but here's where I need help.
When your out walking around you see a person with a oxygen bottle and a hose enthering his nose, now I am trying to fit that hose to my snorkel or my mouth piece so I can use air from the pump. I have tried some of my ideas and they leak. Anybody got any ideas to save my sorry #ss, yes I am going dredgeing this summer, not many years to still look for the YELLOW, Ca.---no--Ore. yes or what ever.
klink
stang

Re: NEED IDEA'S ON A IDEA

Postby CalGoldDredger » Mon May 17, 2010 7:07 pm

My pop hates breathing through a regulator on account of the false teeth and never took a liking to the full faced masks.
So he used to take a regular old purge mask and run an airline through a hole in the side and let the air freeflow.
He swore by it and always said he had plenty of air and his compressor was always running nice and cool.

My thought on this is entirely different but of course I have all my teeth. :lol:
CalGoldDredger

Postby Hoser John » Tue May 18, 2010 6:22 am

IT WORKS GOOD TOO!! Used to clean pools as a young(was I ever) teenager that way in almost all the apts in my torrance neighborhood. Took all the pool cleaners accounts for black algae removal and then started cleaning hulls at the marinas too. But just like pools it caught on,I was 1/4 the cost of divers,and it pretty much pooped out after a year or two or was it the booze,broads,sex and rock n' roll??John :lol:
Hoser John

Postby TRJ » Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:40 pm

Thinking along different lines here...

What if you put a T in your line and connected an oxygen bottle to the line just after the compressor and left your oxygen bottle above the water. I'm thinking you could use an oxygen bottle like those used on cutting torches and adjust its regulator to where its pressure is slightly above that put out by your air compressor. I'm sure it could be made to work.

T
TRJ

Postby russau » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:08 am

bottels/material used for oxy/acet cutting isnt breathing grade oxy.
russau

Postby Hoser John » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:10 am

Gas engines with electrical sparks are verboten around oxygen BUT I've seen 100's LL maybe even 1,000's a old farts sucking on a damn cigarette whilst sucking on a oxygen bottle,go figure?? AND saw a nutzo pumping gas/smoking AND sucking oxygen a couple a months ago--D'oh moment :o John
Hoser John

Postby wallymi » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:47 pm

why not feed the ox into the compressor intake... wallyMi
wallymi

Return to DIY