Easier than walkin

Any type of prospecting transportation. If you post a picture, it should have some prospecting equipment visable.

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Easier than walkin

Postby eightymesh » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:55 am

"As long as I am an American citizen and American blood runs in these veins I shall hold myself at liberty to speak, to write, and to publish whatever I please on any subject." – Elijah Parish Lovejoy (1802-1837)
eightymesh

Re: Easier than walkin

Postby getterdone » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:09 am

Bought my Trackster in 1975, sold it in 2004. It was a great machine. They stopped making them in 1975.
That was same year they did a recall and put the auto brake on it , which engaged after you shut engine off.
Orginal engine was made by OMC, that is not the orginal engine in your machine.
The reason they stopped making them was a person (drunk)stopped on the edge of a cliff and shut
off the engine and did not set the hand brake, it went over the cliff and killed him. The family sued
Chushmen & won million bucks, they stopped production and did recall for installing the auto brake stop.
getterdone

Postby eightymesh » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:37 am

this one has the auto brake and for those that arent privvy to its function , its a spring loaded hydraulic cylinder that when the hydraulic pressure from the drive pump drops it pushes out and engages the drive sprocket and then throws you over the handle bars ..... :o
the engine installed in it now definitely is a good engine but its a two stroke. the pumps max rpm is 5,000 rpm so you have to always mess with the throttle to keep things together,the preferred upgrade is the 25 hp v twin briggs vanguard that are rev limited to 3600 rpm. they have started making them again by another company with rear mounted diesel engines but bthe price tag starts at $25,000 :shock:
"As long as I am an American citizen and American blood runs in these veins I shall hold myself at liberty to speak, to write, and to publish whatever I please on any subject." – Elijah Parish Lovejoy (1802-1837)
eightymesh

Postby Dawgmining » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:20 am

I want one :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Larry congrats on turning 29 ;) ;)
John Adams
Dawgmining

Postby golden optimist » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:12 pm

eightymesh wrote:My cushman trackster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeJRdnXGKDU

Dang, I wish I could find the picture of El Dorado stuck in the mud with Mark's 6 wheel drive Polaris. It would fit right in here but Steve, I have no clue where the picture is so you are safe. Only the story will be made public.

The mud at Mark's Alaska heaven would make a perfect place for this. The Euerka to Rampart trail is a unique thing made for something like this. I talked to a 4 wheeler atv guy that made it back from Rampart after winching through 4 foot mud and actually making the trip. He was mud to the middle of his chest.

I've never made the complete trip but have talked to many that has.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby CalGoldDredger » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:33 pm

I will take one of those too please, snow no problem. :D

Along with one of those, I have always wanted one of these. M274 Mechanical Mule
4' x 8' 1,000 lb capacity bed, 4 wheel drive and 4 wheel steering. From what I heard can handle serious terrian with a 1/2 load.

John
CalGoldDredger

Postby eightymesh » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:54 pm

this is the other half of my equation

here is one of John holdin down my trailer mounted backhoe

eightymesh

Postby eightymesh » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:01 pm

there was a mule sittin next to the road on the north side just about where the yellow line ends on graves creek road near sunny valley .. im thinkin about mile 6
eightymesh

Postby Gold Seeker » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:19 pm

Here is a Mule for sale in Ca. and not a bad price at that!!!

http://forums.automotive.com/70/7020065 ... index.html

Skip
Skip P.

God, Family, Friends, and Gold!!!
Gold Seeker

Postby CalGoldDredger » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:47 pm

Thanks Skip,

I have a place that fully restore them, just like brand new for $12K.

http://www.mechanicalmulesofamerica.com ... -MULES.htm

I am saving my pennies, and someday.

John
CalGoldDredger

Next

Return to Prospectors Transportation