i have gone camo.

Any type of prospecting transportation. If you post a picture, it should have some prospecting equipment visable.

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: i have gone camo.

Postby Reno badboy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:32 pm

Is this one of those Russian jobs?? Nice bike. I have a trailer that hauls my quad and once I'm out the quad pulls the trailer. Plus the quad has a winch that I've used more than once to pull the truck out of nasty spots! Harbor Freight has a nice small winch that''l hook up to your bike iffin' you put a hitch on it! Won't pull monster rocks,but will move ones I can't myself!
Reno badboy

Postby gremlin » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:30 am

yes is a ural. its fun to ride, last year it was way to hot to ride after work. darn the luck. i have a set of pans tha ride with me. i want to hit the back roads all gravle. mite as well have fun doing it.

http://sovietsteeds.com/forums/
save a tree, eat a squirrel.
gremlin

Postby Reno badboy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:25 am

Have you seen that new bike that's 2 wheel drive? I forget who makes it. I'll go looking later. They use to make one for hunting, but it had no real speed to it. this one is suppose to be highway compatable, with a sidecar. It's an off-road bike, kinda like an enduro on steriods.
Reno badboy

Postby gremlin » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:31 pm

Reno badboy wrote:Have you seen that new bike that's 2 wheel drive? I forget who makes it. I'll go looking later. They use to make one for hunting, but it had no real speed to it. this one is suppose to be highway compatable, with a sidecar. It's an off-road bike, kinda like an enduro on steriods.

well hmm if i was to take a photo of the under side you would see a drive shaft going to the side car. it is two wheel drive.
gremlin

Postby Reno badboy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:04 am

DUH!!!! I knew I saw it somewhere!!!! Gesh, now I feel like a real dope!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Reno badboy

Postby gremlin » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:12 pm

thats OK it made me feel better. caught a cold some how.

got a guy at work he is a hardly die hard. he laughs at my bike. he wants me to go riding with him. the strange part is he keeps hearing story's of a motorcycle that keeps showing up in the Amish area a few years back. thats when i had my Suzuki. i needed to recover my seat so i went out to the leather shops there all on gravel roads, his bike has never seen a gravel road. he thinks he is a biker. he took a flight out to Dakota and rented a motorcycle. heck i rode to Florida and spent the vacation riding all over the state. even my boss trailers there bikes to places and rides. i tell them there is nothing like riding from one end of Kentucky to the other in a for a week in the rain. when i tell the guys at work you just need to brake down and ride a bike for 2 years with that being your only ride. then you will under stand. heck after two years i got a pickup then found out the dang thing had doors. you get accustom to stopping then hopping off of the bike when you stop in the truck you got to open a door to get out lol.
gremlin

Postby Reno badboy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:00 pm

Hell yea! I lived in Nebraska and rode year round!! I had an extra set of wheels just for winter with drive chain around the tires for traction. Didn't even own a car or truck. My boss at the that time would give the other guys grief when I'd ride in and they would call in that they couldn't make it in! One trip I took was to Daytona in Fla., but we had to ride through one of the worst snow and ice storms in history. Took 13 hours to go from Omaha to Kansas City!!! These guys today make me sick. A hard ride for them is to the bar and home! A 100 mile tripis major for them,we'd ride 1600 miles one way for a week-end party! FREAKIN' YUPS!!!
Reno badboy

Postby gremlin » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:35 pm

i am fixing some small stuff on the bike then it will be all set to ride like mad. i have taken some guys at work for a ride. its fun.
gremlin

Postby fanaticNY » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:22 pm

Speaking of ATV's I just upgraded to a new Polaris Sportsman XP Browning Limited Edition. Its an 850 Twin with Electronic Fuel Injection and Electric Power Steering. The Browning Edition came with a 2500 lb winch with thumb control, rear rack extender, rifle scabbard and mount, heated handgrips and thumb throttle and a camp pattern unique to Polaris. I added a plow....because I live in NY. I use a 4 x 6 four wheeled cart (1200 lb capacity) I bought at TSC to haul my dredge. Fits nicely in my 7 x 14 tandem axle trailer. Tried it out the last few days and it works great!
LDMA/GPOC
GPAA NY State Claims Director
President NY Prospectors
fanaticNY

Postby Reno badboy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:55 am

Done the old up on two to them??? Gets the newb's every time! My bud back home did it to me all the time, next to flying! :o :o :o :o
Reno badboy

Previous

Return to Prospectors Transportation