Jobs or spam

Commercial Prospecting related Vendors are welcome to place "business cards" and links to their websites. Small amounts of commercial advertising and "special deals" is permitted.

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Jobs or spam

Postby bobber_2 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:59 am

I received this as what I consider a spam email but thought I would pass it along:

Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 10:53 AM
To: Charlie Gronewold
Subject: Kinross Gold Corporation

Hello Charles,

How have you been? I hope everything is going well. I understand that you are not ready for a career move, but the Kinross Gold Corporation has a lot of opportunities for Mining Engineers.

Kinross is an international gold mining company that is ranked as a top ten global gold producer. Kinross is a unique mining company that is a rigorous financial business leader and a responsible mining company. Kinross has begun work on opening a new underground mine near their Round Mountain Gold mine property. This project is called the Deep North West Project (DNW). Kinross is seeking to hire a Senior Planning Engineer to play a senior role on a multi-disciplinary project development and permitting team for the project. The Senior Planning Engineer will ensure that best mine planning practices are in place to achieve Kinross’ objectives. This position would be based in Reno, Nevada with occasional travel to Round Mountain.

Kinross is also seeking a Senior Engineer to manage projects at the Fort Knox mine property. Kinross is also seeking a Senior Mine Engineer for Strategic Business Planner for the Fox Knox mine property which is located in Fairbanks, Alaska.

Kinross will also be hiring an Underground Mine Engineer for the Kettle River mine property located in Republic, Washington.

I would like to get Kinross on your radar screen. If you or any of your colleagues would be interested in receiving additional information, please contact me.

Thank you,

Ronald Hollins

Recruitment Consultant

rh@hra3.com

(719) 387-8039 Office

(877) 483-4999 Cell

Ronald's LinkedIn Profile
bobber_2

Re: Jobs or spam

Postby russau » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:30 am

the Kinross gold mines are a very big supporter of the N/WMining rally in Washington State. they provide a pavillion also for any miners meetings or prersentations while at the rally. ive been to it and i was impressed by theyre support. they also have a FREE mine tour and lunch for the people that go on these tours in BC, they are written about in the ICMJ often.
russau

Postby bobber_2 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:22 am

Russ, just seemed kind of strange that Mr Gronewold would send this to me. I've never heard of him or had contact with him in the past...I thought was maybe someone on the forum might find a job through this...
bobber_2

Postby dickb » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:13 pm

With the price of metals today and the forecast shortages for the future, I'm not surprised that these firms are aggressively recruiting for mining engineer's. I'm sure that there are more jobs for engineers than there are mining engineers to fill the positions. If your an engineer, it's a good feeling to know there is some future job security in the workplace.

JMHO :?

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby russau » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:45 pm

yep that was kinda strange when he could of asked me and for a couple of million i could have be employed with them!i wouldnt mind moveing to BC! then Leonard and Hoser could come and visit me!
russau

Postby dickb » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:49 pm

Yes and you can kick youself in the butt for selling all that rock gear when you live around all that nice Jade! HA HA

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Return to Commercial Prospecting Vendors