Testing a Bitx20a kit after repair

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Testing a Bitx20a kit after repair

Postby golden optimist » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:16 pm

For those of you that don't know what a bitx is, here's a picture of one in the process of repair for a friend. It's a 12 watt, 20 meter SSB rig. This is in it's most basic state but still able to operate. I just worked a mobile in California with it. That was the first qso it has ever made.
njjwqso.jpg
Testing the board with a qso with N6JW
njjwqso.jpg (70.99 KiB) Viewed 6866 times

The scope probe is hooked to the antenna connector so I can watch the modulation. The tuning is done by the variable capacitor held in the vise. The 2 pots on the bench control the volume and fine tuning. The red lead is hooked to the vfo output and going to a frequency counter so I know where I am in the band.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Re: Testing a Bitx20a kit after repair

Postby russau » Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:42 pm

my gosh Leonard, that looks like a Iranian bomb makeing facility! your not makeing any little suprises for up at Douglas Creek are you?? haha
russau

Postby geno » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:13 am

what'd he say?... all I got was something about some pot in the band ...BTW, did you know that pot is great for people on chemo?
Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Marcie Foleyhttp://www.campgeno.com
geno

Postby Reno badboy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:54 am

This is you r brain,this is your brain on drugs, this is your brain on drugs with a side of bacon! Love that poster!!! :D :D :D
Reno badboy

Postby russau » Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:22 am

Geno had passed on Dec.21,2010. he had cancer all over and fought a firce fight trying to rid himself of it only to have it get the best of him.RIP ole friend! Geno tried everything to rid himself from the effects of chemo and the associated drugs that went with the program he was on. July of 2010 he was up in Wyoming at DC with us and he had brought his lovely wife (Cathy) with him because, well he knew it was coming and wanted to show Cathy where to spread his ashs. this summer,nopefully the weather will allow us to do just that! Geno was really liked by all that ever meet him. i ,for one, really miss him!
russau

Return to BITX