Midnight Madness

Treasure Hunting

Moderators: russau, Leonard, Matt Mattson

Midnight Madness

Postby Matt Mattson » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:27 am

This was Sunday night:

http://youtu.be/vVZvxqEXD4s

The thieves have finally found our area . . .

Matt Mattson
Matt Mattson

Re: Midnight Madness

Postby Hoser John » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:24 am

Sorry to see this crappola going on. I have motion alarms both front and back,with security lights just like yours. Isn't it absolutely amazing to see that animal walk the dark line from the pillar to the garage. Proof they hate the light on at night. If all they got is them gas cans consider yourself lucky. They WILL be back and you might go to harbor freight and alarm up. They have great ones and so does Lowes out here in kalif. Under a $50 bill and no insipid monthly fees. I even have one inside the house also,that battery operated thang will make your eyes bleed it's so damn loud. Truly wish you and Connie all the best and hope ya get in some fishing for Labor Day-tons a au 2 u 2-John
Hoser John

Postby Matt Mattson » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:26 am

Hoser John wrote:Sorry to see this crappola going on. I have motion alarms both front and back,with security lights just like yours. Isn't it absolutely amazing to see that animal walk the dark line from the pillar to the garage. Proof they hate the light on at night. If all they got is them gas cans consider yourself lucky. They WILL be back and you might go to harbor freight and alarm up. They have great ones and so does Lowes out here in kalif. Under a $50 bill and no insipid monthly fees. I even have one inside the house also,that battery operated thang will make your eyes bleed it's so damn loud. Truly wish you and Connie all the best and hope ya get in some fishing for Labor Day-tons a au 2 u 2-John

Thanks for that tip, Hoser. Will be down to Harbor Freight today. You are quite correct about the light and will do on the fishing!
Matt Mattson

Postby golden optimist » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:42 am

Looks like time to put out another can with some sugared gas or something really bad in it. Just don't forget which one is bad and use it.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Gold Seeker » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:19 pm

Matt,

Sorry ya'll had to be the victim, but I agree with Hoser, some bright motion sensor lights along with a blaring alarm would had those guys jumping and running away fast, and hopefully tripping, falling and getting scraped up good all the way out of the neighborhood!!!
Skip P.

God, Family, Friends, and Gold!!!
Gold Seeker

Postby russau » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:49 am

well its a good thing you had the camara to get a picture of his face! my position is , if they don't see it , they don't want it! thieves only broke into my welding shop 1 time (TOO MANY) when they came into my shop for welding , I couldn't watch them all the time , but they could get a good look at everything while I was welding and they came back at night and just about cleaned out all my hand tools. expensive lesson , YES , but ive learned! your camaras are a very good first step into protecting your belongings and your family! and quality pictures capable of being enlarge clearly is very important! I hope they get this guy SOON ! and I hope he rats out his equally jerk of a friend!
russau

Postby Matt Mattson » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:25 am

We've put up lights and a deer camera, and put a 5 gal can of "special" gas out, so we're trying to cover all the bases. Thanks for the excellent tips.
Matt Mattson

Postby Hoser John » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:35 am

My 1 legged ol'partner had some 8+ year ole rusty nasty gas that was left in the tank of his auxillary and he siphoned it out and put in 2- 5 gal cans. Left in his back alley and poof gone. We laughed our arses off as when the thieves tried that rotten rusty dead garbage they weren't going no where till complete tank,lines,filters and carb cleaned. Ifn' it ain't nailed down it'll walk away in todays sic sic sic society-no yaa today-wish ya 2 all the best-respect-John
Hoser John

Postby russau » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:45 am

Now that you've got things "ready" for them, itll probly will never happen again! and that's a good thing! any new updates??I hope the police catch/convict them!
russau

Return to Matt's Treasure Hunting