Moderators: russau, Leonard, Matt Mattson

Beer Can Jet Engine Stove

Postby Matt Mattson » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:43 pm

https://youtu.be/N5HFN8EiVrI

And you get to drink the beer!
Matt Mattson

Re: Beer Can Jet Engine Stove

Postby russau » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:35 pm

Cool video Mat! BUT Leonard yelled at me up at DC for using alcohol for anything besides consumption! Yep Misery spring water warms the soul! :lol:
russau

Postby Hoser John » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:33 am

8-) I've been using that design for a boonies retort for mercury for many years. Also a camper heater too. Amazing how important the inside edges being pointed up is as it sure accelerates the oxygen intake. You can regulate the flame height by less holes,great way to warm your camper/tent whatever longer BUT if it falls over what a firey mess. I put a rock/lead weight inside to hold and be more stable. Under the foam the lead doesn't even melt as below the flame. GREAT video Matt and I sure hope 2015 is a goodn' for you and Connie-respect-John :D
Hoser John

Postby Matt Mattson » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:58 am

Hoser John wrote:8-) I've been using that design for a boonies retort for mercury for many years. Also a camper heater too. Amazing how important the inside edges being pointed up is as it sure accelerates the oxygen intake. You can regulate the flame height by less holes,great way to warm your camper/tent whatever longer BUT if it falls over what a firey mess. I put a rock/lead weight inside to hold and be more stable. Under the foam the lead doesn't even melt as below the flame. GREAT video Matt and I sure hope 2015 is a goodn' for you and Connie-respect-John :D

Good idea on the stability - you definitely don't want that thing tipping over. One thing I could've/should've done was put a burn time to boil water (since other videos do that), but it is bound to be fast if you used it for a retort.

Hope all is going good in your neck of the woods! Connie is doing good.
Matt Mattson

Return to Matt's Treasure Hunting