Fla. storms

Treasure Hunting

Moderators: russau, Leonard, Matt Mattson

Re: Fla. storms

Postby russau » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:41 am

Thanks for the link to your video ! Glad to see you "weathered " that one O.K. !!!! :D
russau

Postby nebraskadad » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:43 am

Matt,

Caught your video last night on Youtube. Kind of puts the meaning of a storm in perspective. We up here in Tornado alley don't have squat on you guys.
You guys sitting well on supplies, food, water, and genny gas?
nebraskadad

Postby golden optimist » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:22 am

Thanks for the update. Glad you made it. Good planing on being off the water and a little higher. Lesson learned from your last place.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Matt Mattson » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:06 pm

Russ: we're good - the people to the East of us are in terrible shape. I really didn't think the thing would hold together as long as it did (nobody did).

Nebraskadad: good on all counts, we gassed everything up well before it hit land and Mrs. Mattson is pretty hardy on the food front (she can kill it and clean it if need be too). As for the storms, sometimes it's a good thing to be number 2 . . .

Leonard: yep, we learned. We have a hill to the N, one to the W and one to the S protecting us, and a bridge, rip rap, and pines to the E that give us protection from the reservoir side. When we were looking here we were thinking protection from tornado - never thought we'd be dealing with this kind of thing again.
Matt Mattson

Postby russau » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:16 pm

Matt & Connie I hope you both are out of the way of the new storm that's brewing for this weekend ! I'm saying a prayer that you'll just get a good lawn watering !!
russau

Postby Matt Mattson » Fri Aug 30, 2019 4:03 pm

russau wrote:Matt & Connie I hope you both are out of the way of the new storm that's brewing for this weekend ! I'm saying a prayer that you'll just get a good lawn watering !!

We hope so too, Russ. Looks like the folks in our old stomping grounds are in for a real drubbing though and I pray for them. The buzzsaw of a major hurricane is absolutely nothing to hang around for. The devastation just south of us here is still incredible - so, if you're in the zone and reading this take the advice of someone who has been through many: gas up and get out now.
Matt Mattson

Postby russau » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:17 pm

Matt, again I hope you and Connie come through this newest storm unscathed ! it looks like a big one coming!!
russau

Previous

Return to Matt's Treasure Hunting