Fla. storms

Treasure Hunting

Moderators: russau, Leonard, Matt Mattson

Re: Fla. storms

Postby russau » Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:35 pm

Matt & Connie I hope that the hurricane tracking system for the states is WRONG and that the European system is more accurate. Not that I want the East Coast to get pounded BUT I don't want to see you two have ANY more problems with the weather.! GOOD LUCK and I'm keeping you in my prayers until this is over!
russau

Postby russau » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:25 am

Matt , hopefully the current weather tracking is correct and all you get is rain!
russau

Postby Matt Mattson » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:16 pm

Thankfully it is working out as you said, Russ - going the other way. I feel terrible for the people going through it though, and Connie and I sure sweated out our share of them (and Geno too). Whenever we look at the radars and coverage we are reminded just how huge those bodies of water are, as we were on all of them with the trawler (Final Voyage Of The Mischief - YouTube). Albermarle Sound, the Nuese, New River, Pamlico . . . those are all rivers that made our Florida rivers (and now Alabama) look like creeks - I sure hope everyone around water takes it serious - we know what it's like to have water in the house and our neighbor lost a leg wading in it (stepped on a nail). Glad to be far away from the coast now.
Matt Mattson

Postby russau » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:11 pm

Well , how bout that!! maybe I ought to be a weatherman like John ! :D
russau

Postby dickb » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:10 am

My grandsons apartment in Columbia could get water, he is at USC, but the family's house in Clover, SC is on high ground and the rain shouldn't bother them. Glad it downgraded to a cat 1 as it his the coast, or it could have been a lot worse. The good thing is that all that rain should relocate a lot of gold in the creeks and rivers. Time will tell.

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby Matt Mattson » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:10 am

Looks like we get this one . . . The good thing about all that mining and camping is we have plenty of generators to handle it.
Matt Mattson

Postby russau » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:21 am

Matt / Connie I hope it'll pass by you and you wont need that generator or camping gear! Keep safe !
russau

Postby golden optimist » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:54 am

It seems you didn't move far enough inland. Don't move to the Rocky Mountains. We don't want a first hurricane here.

Hope all goes well for you. Keep in touch.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:07 am

Hoping ALL IS WELL down your way Matt / Connie !!
russau

Postby Matt Mattson » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:52 pm

We're OK. On the generator until further notice (they say it may be two weeks). We just got back from taking a generator over to my brother in law's in Albany and they took the eye and a real hit. Even stopped the railroad system with downed trees. Haven't seen anything like it since Andrew leveled my old fishing grounds at Homestead. We are very fortunate here, we have a hill and trees that saved us from extensive damage - those that chose to live right on the reservoir got hit bad. Our experience: https://youtu.be/uinwxlRv4Ts
Matt Mattson

PreviousNext

Return to Matt's Treasure Hunting