Gold Rings

Treasure Hunting

Moderators: russau, Leonard, Matt Mattson

Gold Rings

Postby Matt Mattson » Thu May 31, 2018 6:57 am

I don't know if many of you still have your MXT detectors, but if you do this video might help. I know a bunch of us bought them about the same time (2002) and I kept mine (Connie inherited it and is a wizard with the thing, will not use the new version). Anyway, the gold bug still strikes and we're now using it on circular nuggets:

https://youtu.be/jIMohIE26Qk

"Metal Detecting Gold Rings - The Drive In Movie"

Nothing will challenge a detector like a 60 year old drive in, but your old (or new) MXT is still up to it.
Matt Mattson

Re: Gold Rings

Postby Gold Seeker » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:30 pm

Thanks Matt, still have my original MXT, never will get rid of it even thought I have other latest tech detectors!!
Skip P.

God, Family, Friends, and Gold!!!
Gold Seeker

Postby golden optimist » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:33 pm

Thanks for taking us along with you. It was a great trip. I really enjoyed my trip years ago with you stopping at the newspaper boxes. That was a spot even I could find coins.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby Matt Mattson » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:56 am

Gold Seeker wrote:Thanks Matt, still have my original MXT, never will get rid of it even thought I have other latest tech detectors!!

Yep - that's the way we feel about ours. It has found so much stuff it boggles the mind.
Matt Mattson

Postby Matt Mattson » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:57 am

golden optimist wrote:Thanks for taking us along with you. It was a great trip. I really enjoyed my trip years ago with you stopping at the newspaper boxes. That was a spot even I could find coins.
Leonard

That was shooting the proverbial fish in a barrel! And it was a lot of fun too.
Matt Mattson

Return to Matt's Treasure Hunting