Arkansas Last week

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: Arkansas Last week

Postby Gold Seeker » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:00 pm

I agree, very nasty!!

Dan, is that a recent injury or one from the past, where shouldn't you have stuck that pointing finger?
Skip P.

God, Family, Friends, and Gold!!!
Gold Seeker

Postby Bonaro » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:45 pm

It happened on July 5 of this year. I was the only one in the ER missing a finger that didnt blow it off...lol
I grabbed a bandsaw who wanted to be left alone...and that is a tame pic taken at 6 weeks. I have another pic that will send you screaming out of the room :shock:
Bonaro

Postby Gold Seeker » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:39 am

The other photo is not necessary Dan, I have had my run-ins with various saws, but luckily none that didn't grow back for the most part, I have many friends that didn't fair as well, I can feel the pain involved in such a mishap!
Skip P.

God, Family, Friends, and Gold!!!
Gold Seeker

Postby Bonaro » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:21 pm

I wont make you see the other pic...lol :roll:
It actually wasn't that painful because it was a clean snip. I have hammered my fingers on many occasions and that hurts a lot worse.
The part that hurt me (and haunts me) came the next day when I found the missing end. The Dr. said that reattachment would not have succeeded but it was still one of the hardest things I have done to throw that away. I will always wonder if they could have fixed it if I found it the same day
Bonaro

Postby nebraskadad » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:12 pm

Bonaro,

Amen on the not taking them for granted.. I still get flash backs. Left the better part of 3 fingers and a High School Ring for the Coyotes in my uncle's prairie hay.
of opening day of Pheasant Season 1975, still get woozy when I see someone else's booboo. (tame pic taken 39 years later) :D :D :D :D :o ;-)

photo 1.JPG
photo 1.JPG (43.59 KiB) Viewed 3702 times

My recent smash is pretty near healed up and ready for action in the river now

photo 2.JPG
photo 2.JPG (42.79 KiB) Viewed 3702 times
+

Russ, If you need to get out, come on up. we can head down to the Nemaha River at Table Rock NE. I've yet to get down there this year. I may zip on down there this Saturday.
nebraskadad

Postby russau » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:01 pm

Thankyou Rex! im booked for this weekend. our club is having the last meeting on the year. its our all gold meeting. I cant make that. my daughter is having a open house. I cant make that either BUT my friend that ive known since we were 13 is having a Bar-b-Q and im NOT missing that! ive got this 2 inch lightweight dredge that I built last winter and I haven't had a chance to even fire it up yet! Im trying to decide if my back will hold out for a little fun!
russau

Postby Bonaro » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:29 pm

Nebraskadad, Wow, you did a good job on yourself. That makes me feel bad for whining about a fingertip. I am so glad I didn't catch my right hand :shock:
Bonaro

Postby nebraskadad » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:20 am

Dan, believe me, don't worry about. You are entitled to whine a bit. :-) I was drunk for 10 years as the result of my accident and wallowing in it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

it took me a while to get over it. I still have flash backs when i see someone's injury, my wife is a mental health professional, wants me to see one of her friends who doesn't PTSD treatment. I figure it is just one of those things, I don't lose sleep over it anymore .. :D :D :D

I know it hurts like hell. Do all you can to heal it.

I Know I was waiting for skin grafts for nearly a month and had to clean it 3 times daily with a Betadine soak. Still feel a couple bb's under the skin and when it gets cold.

My left hand is worse, born with a birth defect, I kind of figure i must have some past life bad Karma going on about the hands..
I Probably was some asshole in a previous life whose job was to punish thieves by lopping off fingers!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Russ, I have a birthday of a nieces baby to attend on Sat. I may go down on Sunday. I've not been out since last fall to the Nemaha. I have a dozen or so people chomping at the bit to go with when i go. I miss going with Andy, He is Texas now, so I have to be more of a guide now, if i take people out. Several NOOBS on the list to deal with.

I may instead clean up what stuff i did bring back from CO. BTW, I did get some dirt (gravel ) from the Dorris crew (weather channel - Prospectors)
it had some smoky quartz, a couple pieces of Amazonite, and a couple nice pieces of Topaz.
the rock hounding is always fun for me. I have 3 tumblers rolling with stuff right now.
nebraskadad

Postby russau » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:12 pm

Ha talking about tumblers made me think of the sounds of my knees/ankles when I walk! just a little to much bone on bone for my likeing!
russau

Postby Bonaro » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:34 pm

I dont whine too much but it did wake me up in a wide eyed panic a couple times. The weird thing is, I have mentally attached a stigma to that band saw. I was working out in the garage a couple weeks ago and backed into that saw. I turned and looked ant what I bumped into and the sight of it made me jump back a bit. I was sure it was glaring at me menacingly with its cold beady eyes. :o
.I don't normally believe in that crap but this saw has me spooked. I cut the cord off it and promised myself I would not fix it until I built proper blade guards for it...haven't touched it yet.

I am adapting and I am not the kind of person to let any physical condition slow me down...yet not a day goes by when I do not discover some simple task I can no longer perform well or correctly. The Salmon are running and I am tying a lot of fishing knots...that is hard to do with 9 fingers and poor eyes ;)

I think this injury hurt my feelings more than my finger :?
Bonaro

PreviousNext

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting