Arkansas Last week

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: Arkansas Last week

Postby Hoser John » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:52 am

:? This is how it all goes---piece by piece--part by part--first it hurts and swells a bit,then it starts going crunch and hurts like hell. But by god at least ya lived a real life and not like so many. I'll work my whole life and enjoy my retirement hahahaha as by then most shot anyhow. Better to have LIVED and pay the piper-John
Hoser John

Postby russau » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:10 am

AGREED!
russau

Postby Bonaro » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:03 pm

Amen Hoser...My fuzzy sight reminds me of the many sunrises I have seen coming up over the ridge and the deer I have spotted across the canyon. My calloused claw shaped hands are experienced from raking out uncountable cobbles and the ever present pain in my low back is a well earned receipt for rolling out many boulders.
I wouldn't trade any of it for a more domesticated and gentler life
Bonaro

Postby Hoser John » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:56 am

The spinal doc said I have the most interesting spine shape he's ever seen. Asked if I parked a semi on it and I told him no but 75-125 lbs a lead strapped to it for many 1,000s of hours x 40+ years chunking rocks and boulders underwater. :lol: Beats having a fat arse and no righteous nestegg. Reflection from sun on water and staring into pans has descicated the eyeballs so the topography looks like the moon from tests ran last year hahaha all the better to see you my pretties.....We may be a bit worn around the edge but o what a A ticket ride-John 8-)
Hoser John

Postby russau » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:49 am

Yep its been a good ride , but sooner or latter we will have to give it up and that wont be a good day! Im wanting to give it another try this comeing Spring / Summer to see if theres any chance to give it one more go until the rocking chair hits me in the......
russau

Postby Bonaro » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:30 am

I have considered trading in the 5" for something a bit more manageable but I cant bring myself to do it. Eventually I will have to. ;) As time goes on I will slow as I must but I will never stop
Bonaro

Postby golden optimist » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:40 am

I'm hanging it up this year. I bought a brand new wetsuit and it was more work just getting it on than I want to do. That plus my balance is crap and I'll just end up getting hurt. I have enough trouble walking on pavement. I had a great ride though and have no regrets.

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:52 am

yep a lifetime of memories and good friends!
russau

Postby tcfifer » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:16 pm

golden optimist wrote:I'm hanging it up this year. I bought a brand new wetsuit and it was more work just getting it on than I want to do. That plus my balance is crap and I'll just end up getting hurt. I have enough trouble walking on pavement. I had a great ride though and have no regrets.

Leonard

I've got a tear welling up. Thought for sure I'd get another chance to hang with you at DC before you packed it in!

I have to replace the Rt shoulder and have the Lt knee scoped before I can do any serious mining again. This year's played hell on the joints!

TC
tcfifer

Postby golden optimist » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:46 pm

I'm still planning on going to Douglas Creek but to camp next year. I can still handle walking around the flats as long as I don't drink too much Wild Turkey.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting