Prospectors new Season Sunday here

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Prospectors new Season Sunday here

Postby Hoser John » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:46 am

Weather channel did NOT show the 2015 season here at all-just reruns. Then this weekend they showed the whole season in a marathon repeatedly. WOW 1/3 of a million in gems looked like a nice haul for 1 crew but that massive 1 million dollar mass was amazing. With the rest around $30k not bad for part time work. Tough work and dangerous beyond belief but being a addict to gold I completely understand. Anyhow here the new season starts sunday and glad they changed and didn't leave us out this year. Every time I see this series I think of Connie and Matt doing their rock hounding- :D John
Hoser John

Re: Prospectors new Season Sunday here

Postby russau » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:40 pm

I also noticed that that good looking gal Adkins hasn't brought her husband with her so far , only a gal friend!
russau

Postby Hoser John » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:13 am

8-) And the problem is??? I liked the gun savy...yes women alone..but packing a nice 45 auto hahahaha 8-) John
Hoser John

Postby russau » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:56 am

John , Leonard and I watch this show also and ive got it set to record on my DVR.
russau

Postby nebraskadad » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:27 pm

Been catching the show regularly.. there are a couple places where we stay i am going to check out in June. I do know there are smokies, mica and flourite, kind of the telltale sign of Topaz and Amazonite.

As an aside, My wife and I were in Salida last Fall in jewelry store for our 25th anniversary, Russ, via the gossip chain in Salida Amanda A fits the true "golddigger" category..
her most recent squeeze is no longer in the picture, she dumped him, and according to the person in the store she got more plastic out of the deal. :D :D :D :D :D
Poor guy nailed that less than a year !!
nebraskadad

Postby Hoser John » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:09 am

:o OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO but what a year though. Better to have been to the mountain and climbed it than to not have 8-) AMEN brother-John :mrgreen:
Hoser John

Postby polekaat » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:16 pm

I'll bet that was a FUN ride!
polekaat

Postby nebraskadad » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:25 pm

He he .. :mrgreen:
nebraskadad

Postby getterdone » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:17 pm

My problem is I bought a rock cutting & polishing set up from a friend about 10 years
ago, got 15 5 gallon buckets of gem rocks to cut & 20 cigar boxes full of slabs bought in the
1950's with the prices still marked on the slabs. The gems he gave me are worth more
then the 2 brand new rocks saws (with extra blades) & the diamond polishing wheels & all the other stuff.
Biggest problem is finding time to work with all this stuff. I retired from my first job with 30 years
time at a ripe old age of 49 (that was 27 years ago) then got my dream job working for a mining
company as a Surveyor for both above and below ground for 12 years. I spend to much time
prospecting & dredging to do much with all my rocks. I am lucky as my son enjoys working with
rocks & he will inherit all this stuff. He is working underground in a platinum mine. Must
run in the blood, I gave him my 3 inch dredge I built when I got into river gold. Staked my first
uranium mine when I was 16 years old.
getterdone

Postby russau » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:49 pm

I was basically given ($200.) a friends rock sawing , polishing equipment a few years back and also thought id start up this new venture after I slowed down and couldn't do much else. but after getting most of the equipment /rock slabs /etc. I found out I didn't have enough room to set it up or store it for that matter. I asked my wife if she would be interested in giving it a whirle BUT she said no. so after tripping over it I asked some club member if they would be interested in it. we worked out a deal that made both happy and I loaded it up and brought it over to them. that's been several years back and I think its still in the same spot that they put it from back then!
russau

Next

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting