Claim on the Ark on Ebay

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: Claim on the Ark on Ebay

Postby dickb » Mon May 02, 2016 11:09 am

Well 3 days to go and the price is bid at about $2500.00 as I type this. Seems like a lot of money for a claim that you have not even tested. Looks to have good access and that could be both a good and a bad thing. Whether you can get a dredge permit is still an unanswered question. Not a word said about that is the auction, wonder why?

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby golden optimist » Mon May 02, 2016 11:33 am

It kind on depends on if it is considered part of the Arkansas Headwaters. If it's not, there probably isn't a permit required. If it is, you can get a dredge permit but it takes a little paperwork and a bond. Not a big deal there also.

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby dickb » Mon May 02, 2016 9:26 pm

I agree GO, but I would want answers before I pulled that kind of money out of my bank account.
You have to pull a lot of gold out of the ground to pay for that kind of fun.

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby nebraskadad » Tue May 10, 2016 8:36 pm

we have enough on our plate right now, i didn't need to bite this one.

daughter is heading to CU Boulder Law this fall so we will have enough keeping us busy. she is starting to look for housing in boulder, lafayette, louisville, and broomfield. crapola stuff is expensive in boulder. tempted to build her a tiny on a trailer if we could find some place with hookups to park it.
don't think driving from South Park will work !!
nebraskadad

Postby Hoser John » Wed May 11, 2016 6:01 am

Each one of my 4 kids cost twice the prior to educate..simply amazing as normal folks are priced out of a good education. Wish you and your girl all the luck in the world-kudos to a great Pops-John
Hoser John

Postby golden optimist » Wed May 11, 2016 8:03 am

dickb wrote:I agree GO, but I would want answers before I pulled that kind of money out of my bank account.
You have to pull a lot of gold out of the ground to pay for that kind of fun.

Dickb

We paid $3000 for our Douglas Creek claim. It was worth it many times over. Not in gold mined but memories mined. We could probably get $5000 for it. It's in a well known area and in demand.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Wed May 11, 2016 8:29 am

AND if Im not mistaken ,there aren't any claims open on Douglas Creek anymore. similarly to The Arkansas river claims.

Actually, there is one. I dropped the Gold dust claim right above Keystone. We never found much gold on it so I let it go back. It should be open to claim now.

Leonard
russau

Postby dickb » Wed May 11, 2016 9:42 am

Well that claim sold on EBAY so I hope the person that bought it didn't get taken for a ride. I forget exactly what it sold for, (edit- $2950.00 with 45 bids) but it was a lot of money. And I agree that as time goes by, claims are going to get harder, if not impossible to get.

I hope you get to go to DC this year and have a great time.

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby russau » Wed May 11, 2016 3:55 pm

Everything depends on how Im feeling at that time. Sure Id like to go a lot of places BUT ...................... atleast want to get this 2 inch dredge wet this Summer. Everything here in the mid-west floods in the Spring , Just when I want to get out and try something out...It never fails! :roll: but even if I can only get out with some friends Like Leonard , Rex ,and Dick ,and others , Id be happy.
russau

Previous

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting