Douglas Creek...

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: Douglas Creek...

Postby micropedes1 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:32 am

I'm about ready to come haul his butt into gold country and get him wet myself!! Pick a weekend Trev. And a location. Should I bring a hovercraft so ya don't hafta climb steep banks?
micropedes1

Postby Hoser John » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:41 am

:D 8-)
Hoser John

Postby russau » Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:11 pm

Double up on what John said! :D
russau

Postby russau » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:34 am

Well because of Leonard , Im now back in the dredge action! Im now the proud owner of the WORLD FAMOUS GOLDOPTIMIST dredge.Im starting to do a complete cleanup of his mats and equipment to send his gold back to him. This will be exciting for me todo! For me , this is kinda like owning a world famous hor rod or painting!!! I couldn't be happier! :D
russau

Postby dickb » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:37 am

Well stop looking at it and get it wet! :D

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby polekaat » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:51 pm

Ok y'all. I'm up and running again. I met Steve and his boys up at Douglas Creek this weekend. I spent the first half of Saturday clearing a log jam that has been there for years. My cousin and I were using my 5" dredge (with a 3" ring welded on). We got about 5 hours of dredging in on Saturday, then another 3 hours or so on Sunday. That was the first time that I've even wet a pan since July 4th of 2015.

I did make it up to the Mayo Clinic....it was a wasted trip. They told me that there was nothing that they could do for me. So I'm just gonna keep on keeping on and praying that I don't have another attack.
The doctors here in Denver, removed the feeding tube 7/22/2016. No pain killers, no anesthesia, just pulled a 1" dia. disk out a 1/4" hole in my abdomen. Hurt like hell for a little bit. But all is well now. Even been using less insulin.

Glen, It's time to do some serious dredging. Give me a shout!

Thank you all for all of your prayers and well wishes.

Trevor
polekaat

Postby golden optimist » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:14 pm

You need to find a honey hole at Douglas Creek. That will make you feel better.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:39 am

Trev that's good to hear anyway! Getting out ALWAYS made me feel better! How did you do with your 5 ? you should have seen some Chinese people with using that 5 w/a 3 inch ring! :D
russau

Postby Hoser John » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:59 am

Tons a au 2 u 2 Trevor-testiculiar fortitude rules all-kudos-John 8-)
Hoser John

Postby polekaat » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:36 pm

Leonard,
I've never really got serious, dredging up at Douglas Creek. I've had my family with me every time I've gone, and like spending time with them, in the outdoors. A "honey hole" is something that has been elusive for me. Maybe one day.

Russ,
That 5" will suck the panties off a nun. Douglas creek overburden is only 4 to 5 foot in the places I've dredged. I hit bedrock on sunday, actually thought it was just another clay layer at first as I was using my blaster nozzle and it broke up just like clay (decomposed granite), until I noticed there were no longer cobbles or even small stones in it. I still dug about a foot deep into the bedrock before I started widening the hole.

My concentrates are still in a bucket in my garage. I haven't had time to even run them through my gold cube. I'll post the results when I get around to cleaning them up.

Trevor
polekaat

PreviousNext

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting