South Park and back again

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: South Park and back again

Postby tcfifer » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:40 pm

golden optimist wrote:The doctor cut my smoking cigars and wild turkey back to next to nothing. They'd prefer nothing but I can't go quite all the way. The wild turkey cutback has dropped me 27 pounds in the last 3 months. I think my wet suit will fit me again.
Leonard

Bittersweet.

TC
tcfifer

Postby h20prospector » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:58 pm

27 pounds, that's great! :) You can tell me about it on the San Miguel towards the end of the month. Does this mean I don't need to bring any wild turkey? :P If so, I can put the money into the gas tank. ;) Any way the emoticons can be increased? The ones they have on CP forum are pretty good. Be nice to somehow copy them over if you can increase them. Sent you a PM about the emoticons, but thought I'd lost it and never went through. Just found where it was sent. My computer must have Alzheimer’s.

Pat
Retired AF Veteran - 26 years
LDMA/GPAA/GPOC/PLP member
Ice & fly fisherman

'If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.'

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!
h20prospector

Postby nebraskadad » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:26 pm

tim well 400 yards away is 12GPM @ 100' other depths vary to 200-300'
nebraskadad

Postby golden optimist » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:52 pm

h20prospector wrote:27 pounds, that's great! :) You can tell me about it on the San Miguel towards the end of the month. Does this mean I don't need to bring any wild turkey? :P If so, I can put the money into the gas tank. ;) Any way the emoticons can be increased? The ones they have on CP forum are pretty good. Be nice to somehow copy them over if you can increase them. Sent you a PM about the emoticons, but thought I'd lost it and never went through. Just found where it was sent. My computer must have Alzheimer’s.

Pat

I got the pm but I don't know how to do it.

I'll probably "bend the rules" a little for the San Miguel. I have a cigar sampler on order for there. I'll bring a bottle od Evan Williams. Thats what I've been drinking. I should arrive the night of the 26th and plan on camping in the first campground. I haven't decided weither I'll bring my 4" or my 2". I'm leaning to the 4" even though it's a lot more work.

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby h20prospector » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:46 pm

Are you planning to stay there through Labor Day, or will head to high hopes? Bill says he's heading down on the 22nd, and I think he is going to break camp Sunday the 28th. U-Haul and I are playing games as to when I can get the trailer. I should be able to get their enclosed 4x8, which would be overkill for what I'm bringing, but will keep my stuff dry should it rain. I could bring the kitchen sink, both bathtubs, and room A/C, if I had one. They won't be able to tell me for sure until the day before I'm schedule to pick it up if one will be available. I hate cutting it that close, but other than buying one, what can I do? I want to get it the 21st, pack, and get on the road by 7:30 the 22nd. At 55 mph, it will take me about 6 1/2 hours from the house, providing I don't break down somewhere. PM me your email address, so I can have it on file, as I lost it a couple of months back when I got a computer virus, and had to do a system restore. I'm like Russ when it comes to computers; not the sharpest knife in the drawer :( :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pat

bring the 4". there will be enough of us to get it ported, and set up. i'm bring the type of garden cart Lowe's carries (yellow). should get it moved without too much trouble.
Ice & fly fisherman

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!
h20prospector

Postby russau » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:42 am

thanks Pat for the boost in confedance!:) have a good time! on Aug. 27, im headed towards Leonards claim on the Arkansa River to meet up with Ed and company! i am planning on 2 weeks there. but we will see how it goes.
russau

Postby tcfifer » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:26 am

golden optimist wrote:The doctor cut my smoking cigars and wild turkey back to next to nothing. They'd prefer nothing but I can't go quite all the way. The wild turkey cutback has dropped me 27 pounds in the last 3 months. I think my wet suit will fit me again.
Leonard

See what happens when you retire? Go back to work!! :D

TC
tcfifer

Postby Hoser John » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:52 am

:lol: Can't keep a good man down for long and tons a au 2 u 2 --GO and Russau--party on in ol' CCC fashion--albeit slightly modified-John :shock:
Hoser John

Postby golden optimist » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:49 am

russau wrote:thanks Pat for the boost in confedance!:) have a good time! on Aug. 27, im headed towards Leonards claim on the Arkansa River to meet up with Ed and company! i am planning on 2 weeks there. but we will see how it goes.

I would guess I'll be on High Hopes around Labor Day. Looking forward to seeing you and Lee again.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby h20prospector » Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:21 am

I think I'll head on down to high hopes too. Want to meet Russ and all, and the skinner version of Leonard. :)

Pat
Ice & fly fisherman

h20prospector

PreviousNext

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting