South Park and back again

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: South Park and back again

Postby russau » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:57 am

Lees attendance is up in the air right now over his knee and Drs. restrictions. he said he would call me if he thinks he can make it or not! i hope he can! but his knee is more important! i told him he can go for the ride and sit by the campfire with the old folks! heck i may be right there with them!
russau

Postby h20prospector » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:21 pm

Me too, especially if the water is as cold as it usually is.

Pat
Retired AF Veteran - 26 years
LDMA/GPAA/GPOC/PLP member
Ice & fly fisherman

'If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.'

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!
h20prospector

Postby nebraskadad » Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:36 am

When is everyone going to be on the River?

I am flying into DIA on the 1st, renting a car to come do final inspection on the property.

I will drive over for a day. Won't be able to bring any equipment though. maybe a small pan and trowel. ;-(
nebraskadad

Postby nebraskadad » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:03 am

russau wrote:thanks Pat for the boost in confedance!:) have a good time! on Aug. 27, im headed towards Leonards claim on the Arkansa River to meet up with Ed and company! i am planning on 2 weeks there. but we will see how it goes.

I will stop in an see you Russ and All.
nebraskadad

Postby russau » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:40 am

Ed L. and i are planning on being there on Aug. 28th! i hope tobe there for 2 weeks!
russau

Postby nebraskadad » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:01 pm

h20prospector wrote:I like the rocker box, but the price is pretty steep :o , and I'm not one who knows how to make things :? .

pat

Pat, I made mine, I have about $60 in material in the big on, I have a little one as well.
Got a buddy with a brake. not to big a deal to put together.. I'd sell my small one to see Ben Franklin's face. it is 8"x24" the big one is 12x36"

the grizzly sluice guys are proud of theirs. I couldn't justify the $400 for their small one.
nebraskadad

Postby russau » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:44 pm

ive been makeing equipment for awhile now and im stumped by the prices of EVERYTHING is going up to a point where i can do it for myself, but if im makeing something for someone else, they cringe at what i need to do this for them. im trying to sell off a lot of excess equipment that i have so i can make different things.and the expression i see on peoples face ,reads that im to high on prices. but for some of it, you cant buy the material to make it yourself for the price i am asking. i gave a guy a small peice of equipment,and he wouldnt/couldnt even come and get it. i brought it to our meeting and gave it to him. the kicker is that he didnt even say thanks! no more Mr. Nice guy!!!
russau

Previous

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting