Moderators: russau, Leonard

ME pics

Postby pickaxe » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:13 pm

So Mark, any luck on those pics yet! Bated breath and anticipation here,,,,,,

Also, sloth and apathy and hoping you will do the work......... :D
pickaxe

Re: ME pics

Postby ME_CO » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:26 pm

You got too much sloth going right now Ron, why don't you get out and shovel the driveway or something haha.
Here's the "large" second sluice when I tried it on top of the Dahlke
Imagethis is the last pic taken.
got some from the year before with the boil box, try to get them up tomarrow or something. Also I had a "new" idea for the sump for this year, easier and less hassle. HH Mark
ME_CO

Postby russau » Mon Dec 05, 2011 4:22 am

Mark the last picture looks like a crash scene. what happened there?
russau

Postby pickaxe » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:19 pm

Mark, I'd shovel it if there were any. We got 3/8in?

I'm with Russ, what a train wreck! I could see where it might put a guy out a bit.

Not sure what I'm seeing there. Is the secondary box mounted over the dredge box on your 5?

Russ, your just who Mark said I should talk to. You had a fluid bed at the end of your dredge box? How did that work? I was thinking of multiple for primary catchment. Are you familiar with the teeter chamber concept? Something like that with McCrackens dual screening setup I posted the link to some time back.
The hardest part seems to be getting the water to the fluid bed correct. Your Idea of sight tubes seems the way to go, but what a ratsnest to plumb 3 of them. Your thoughts?
pickaxe

Postby russau » Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:58 pm

Treavor the Fb mounted on the rear of my lower sluice wasnt the best place. infact it wasnt very good location. imagine ,as it is filling with BS and hopefully fine gold,the weight would just keep increasing on the rear of the dredge and sooner or latter it would submerge the FB and the end of the dredge. instead i was planning on placeing it in the middel or tipping point of my dredge but got sidetracked on the instalation of it. someday!!!!! no, im not familiar with the teetering chamber concept. i saw Daves artical on the dual screening. i used the device that Zooka and the rest of the guys on goldminers developed. it is the vibro-pulsator or VP. its pictured over on that site in the photos. i used, in my finnal device that i built, 2 inputs and 2 out puts to send pulsed water to my fluid bed.the FB needed tobe closer to the middel of the lower sluice to take advantage of the limited pressure of the pulsed water.fine tuning the Fluid bed was the trick to makeing it work. yup it can be a ratsnest with the plumbing for sure!make sure you use PSI gauges so you can do repeatability ,plus itll make it ezer to fine tune it.good luck!
russau

Postby ME_CO » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:32 pm

pickaxe wrote:Not sure what I'm seeing there. Is the secondary box mounted over the dredge box on your 5?

Yea at first I tried it above the regular sluice- can't remember why I didn't like there. Then I put it on my half a$$ed flotation and came down the next morning to find that last mess. Runoff started early that year, fortunately I went on a drunk for a few days or out dredges would have been out in the middle when it came up. HH Mark
ME_CO

Postby ME_CO » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:35 pm

Here's the pics from '06 when I ran the sump into a NZ Boil Box.

Plenty of flow with that much lift- problem was the boil box wasn't easily moved. HH Mark
ME_CO

Postby ME_CO » Mon Dec 05, 2011 6:37 pm

ME_CO

Postby russau » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:40 am

i sure wish that river was that low and slow this past summer. theyre predicting the same weather pattern for 2012.
russau

Postby micropedes1 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:10 pm

What's the width and flow on that boil box?
micropedes1

Next

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting