Nemaha November -

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Nemaha November -

Postby nebraskadad » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:54 am

All,

may the holidays find you all well, and color in your pan.. took few pics of last go around on the Nemaha mid November. Will try to add to the post.

Andy was testing the Top Runner and I was doing videos.
Matt and Andy ran into a nice layer of goodie..

See below:
resize.jpg
resize.jpg (80.76 KiB) Viewed 7047 times

Andy's latest Videos
Top Runner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoHyomOo ... ature=plcp

TR II, TR's little Bro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh10QM3C ... er&list=UL
nebraskadad

Re: Nemaha November -

Postby russau » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:26 pm

im hopeing for the best for Andy andhis new project to be a real success!
russau

Postby Shoya » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:24 pm

Thanks Russ,
I have starting selling units, three this week. Even if I dont sell many units I feel as though I am succesfull. Its not always about making money to be successfull, Now could someone please tell my wife that. LOL Just kidding ,she is very supportive of my endevours.

The Original Top Runner I think is a huge success. I have tripled my take home of gold everytime I use it, years ago I set out to build a sluice box classifier and I did it. It sure the hell was a lot harder then I thought it would be. Thanks ,Andy
Shoya

Postby russau » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:10 pm

it sure would be a eye opener to place your device behind anyones equipment to check out "their loss"!
russau

Postby Shoya » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:49 pm

In all honesty Russ Im not going to claim the (TR2) sluice has perfect recovery, because it doesnt. It does have as good of (or better then some) recovery of any in stream sluice i've ever tried or been around. The major component it does have though is increased processing capability of material. Since Im processing more... Im getting more... As much as I like stream sluicing I hate classifiying with a bucket. This was the best I could come up with from what I know and from what I have learned from the pioneers who introduced good quailty ideas.

My first sluice (Top Runner Original) I will claim it has really, really good recovery, since it does collect all screened material. It really is in a class all of it's own, or maybe a hybrid. If ran correctly it will get all the gold unless it floats off the top. The bad side is that you need to do second process to further remove the non-gold bearing material (more work). The upside, during the second process you're getting all the gold. I normally just pan it, but ideally a super concetrator would be fastest and most efficient for the flour gold on the Nemaha. In a way it's like we're beach mining, but have all the larger rocks to deal with. Which I know you know all about that. You taught me a lot about fine gold recovery through these forums over the years. Thank you sir!
Andy
Andy
Shoya

Postby Reno badboy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:51 pm

Wow, a fellow Omahan!!! Left there to come out here to Nevada. Hadda make a run for the border as they say. Still colder the all ex's black hearts?????HEHEHE! Sometimes I miss it, then I remember the winters! Besides , the gold is better out here!!!
Reno badboy

Postby russau » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:14 am

yep Andy, nothing will save it all. i go about setting up my dredge to capture the "normally found gold" in a area. and its a different setup for me for different size/shapes of gold. and water turbulance is a big nono for really fine gold. last year my dredge captured so really fine specks of gold, im sure it lost a bunch also.im missing my bucket of cons from Colorado from last year.must be in the trailer or??? i still have 2 buckets of old cons that i havent gone threough. but they are frozen right now!!! i need to remake my riffel setup for my upper sluice, just incase i find a nugget somewhere! plus from now on ill be marking/dateing my buckets of cons so i know where they came from. but at my age, ill probly forget to do it or something!!! seems like now, ole Leonard and i are getting to the point of we will be the parttime "bonfire monitors" while everyone else is out dredgeing!haha
russau

Postby Shoya » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:43 pm

Reno, it's been a mild winter so far. We had a few below 0 days. All the equipment at work was gelling up, made for some misserable days at work, but it was short lived. Hopefully after this project im on finishes, they send me to Colorado. My wife and I look forward to warmer weather and outdoor activities.
Russ, fulltime monitors aint all bad, you get a cut of the gold too:)
Shoya

Postby russau » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:29 am

Russ, fulltime monitors aint all bad, you get a cut of the gold too:)[/quote]
Andy, id really doubt that!!haha are you going to have a booth to sell your sluice at the St. Joe gold show in Oct.??
russau

Postby Shoya » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:15 pm

WHAT, no cut! :D
I dont know about selling at shows this year. My fulltime job is very demanding , maybe next year will settle down. Missing work on a Saturday is overtime lost and I doubt I could sell enough sluices to cover the cost of a booth and profit compared to my regular job. I hope to get with Rex and make it down on Sunday though. See ya there.
Shoya

Next

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting