Gold Hog Highbanker

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Gold Hog Highbanker

Postby cobill » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:45 am

I just read the GPAA forum on the new Gold Hog highbanker, watched the video and it looks like this may be the "one" for me! Watch the 47 minute video for good stuff and a laugh or two. Link: http://www.goldhog.com/gold_hog_highbanker.htm

Great looking UR and Scrubber mats for your sluice, dredge, highbanker, etc. Let me know what you guys think...it's still not available yet, looks like alot of science and R & D went into it(lots of videos to view), and may just be the answer for Colorado fine gold! Lightweight, stackable, drop in anything you want, versatile, etc.
Should be fun to run. :D

Bill
cobill

Re: Gold Hog Highbanker

Postby russau » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:27 pm

a copy of the gold cube! nothing more!
russau

Postby cobill » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:00 am

The Gold Hog Highbanker is not a copy of the Gold Cube...watch the whole 47 minute vidoe and you'll see the whole picture. It auto classifies all material to 1/4" - 3/8" using a gas 6,000 GPH 2" semi-trash pump($199) or can be used as a cleanup unit with 2-2,000 GPH 12V pumps. Total unit weight is 36 LBS, can be broken down into four pieces for transport, and it's thick aluminum, so no problem with sturdiness. I like the ability to have different mats/screens in each box to scrub the material. A lot of testing and R&D went into the design by the GAGOLDGUY and his team. The latest technology is in this unit.....I know how hard it can be for us "old timer's" to accept that new fangled stuff. :lol:

Bill
cobill

Postby rivraton » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:08 pm

russau wrote:a copy of the gold cube! nothing more!

No more a copy of the Gold Cube than the Gold Cube is a copy of the Gold Grabber...
rivraton

Postby russau » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:52 am

point well taken!all these types of equipment do the same thing except they do it in a slightly different way!im not against either one of them!cant afford either one also!
russau

Postby dan_sd » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:25 am

I hope thier matting is what they say it is cause I just ordered a couple hundred bucks worth.
dan_sd

Postby russau » Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:47 am

rivraton wrote:
russau wrote:a copy of the gold cube! nothing more!

No more a copy of the Gold Cube than the Gold Cube is a copy of the Gold Grabber...

Riverton if you would check into it,the Gold Cube was R&Ded from Trev Altys New Zealand boilbox that he posted plans/picture 10 or 12 years ago over on the goldminers@yahoogroups Mike Pung asked permission from Trev to develop this device with a few mods. so Mike and Red went to work on this and came up with the Gold Cube. the gold grabber came out latter.check it out. and Trevs design was one that has been around NZ for sometime.so i give the credit to mike and Red for this new addition to a old device. infact Trev/Zooka still have the pictures/info on their site archives.
russau

Postby deserdog » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:22 am

The original gold grabber was out long before the gold cube. The gold grabber II came out in something like 2006.
deserdog

Postby russau » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:27 pm

HMMM! i guess ill have to stand and be corrected! thankyou for the info!i should have done more of my homework so id know!
russau

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting