Labor day prospecting?

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Labor day prospecting?

Postby rocketsngold » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:42 pm

Jenni and I will be up at our claim on the Arkansas from Sunday afternoon through thursday or friday.

Any other Labor day prospectors out there?

I guess with all the new Regs and POO's required and such it will be pretty quiet this year.

If you're gonna be up there and wanna stop by, let me know and I'll tell you where we are...

John
rocketsngold

Re: Labor day prospecting?

Postby golden optimist » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:07 pm

Ed, Corky, Dave, Dr. Sluice, Molly the clown and I will all be there. We may be camping on High Hopes or turn left instead of right after you cross the bridge to the pump station and go about 1/2 mile to the end of the road. We look forward to seeing you.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby rocketsngold » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:29 pm

Alright! we'll stop by for sure...

John
rocketsngold

Postby golden optimist » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:35 pm

It looks like most of the CCC will arrive on friday afternoon. If we aren't camped on High Hopes, We will be on our Splash claim. It's about 1 mile upstream from High Hopes. After crossing the river at the pump plant bridge, turn left instead of right and go to the end of the road. About 1/2 mile. Look for my tent trailer and Ed's trailer. We should be the only ones there.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:41 am

i hope everyone gets good gold on your new claim, and has a great Labor Day weekend! you shouldnt be pestered by the rafters pulling out there.or the gpaa lookielous!
russau

Postby Hoser John » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:12 am

:D Party haearty gents, like ya realy need to be told as CCC does it gooooooooooooooooooooooood. Smoke still so thick here couldn't be outside for a minute or so and coughing ensues as kalif burns....and burns.....and then burns some more. Tons a au 2 u all-John :lol:
Hoser John

Postby golden optimist » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:04 pm

I didn't get my patio cover work done so I'm going to have to cancel the Labor Day trip. Some things just have to be done. This year seems to pile them up on the times when I want to play.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby OKJohn » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:35 pm

Sorry to hear it Leonard. I hope the rest of the group has a good time. But I certainly understand when life gets in the way of things...
OKJohn

Postby C-17A » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:30 pm

John,

Greetings from Buena Vista......

I hoped to meet Leonard again this weekend/week, but he called me today to chat and didn't come up after all. Bummer...

I will try to find Ed & the gang on High Hopes or Splash tomorrow, Tuesday. Will you be there?

If I don't locate them, where are you located? I have sluiced & panned the GPAA block a little, but nothing more than very small flakes & specks for me.

Thanks!

Randy Witham "C-17A" (C) 1-401-633-2410
C-17A

Postby OKJohn » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:56 pm

Randy,

Leonard told me you might show up a couple of weeks ago. Sorry we could not meet up.

I have been back home for several days. My elderly Dad had a fall, so I had to return a little early (he's doing fine). Maybe next year we can get together.

OKJohn
OKJohn

Next

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting