St Joe - Gold Show

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

St Joe - Gold Show

Postby nebraskadad » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:58 pm

DickB and Russ,

It was good seeing you guys today.. Got rained on a bit on way back to Omaha.

wish I could have stayed a bit longer bit had some things to do back here.
nebraskadad

Re: St Joe - Gold Show

Postby russau » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:06 am

yup! good seeing you both there at the show and id like to thank DickB again for all the help he gave for both days!!
russau

Postby golden optimist » Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:06 pm

Russ:
Were the Diary of an Alaskan Madam ladies there? If they were, you couldn't have missed them. Also was the mini-miller table guys there?
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:19 pm

no and no!there was a lite turnout of venders. neither was Scott Harn with the ICMJ! and Sunday there was maybe 100 people.
russau

Postby dickb » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:38 am

Hi:
I got to meet many nice folks at the Gold Show and had a great time in St. Joe. Even had time to sample lots of Kansas City BBQ. It was great to meet Russ and Rex at the show. We've been talking on the forums for several years and getting the chance to finally meet the person you've been talking to was really nice.

The Show was small and there were venders that covered a wide portion of prospecting so if your new to the hobby, you were able to get a good idea of what it was all about. There were about 580 folks that attended Sat and around 250 on Sunday. Local GPAA clubs were at the show and both GPAA and PLP had booths set up to inform the public about prospecting.

I took some pictures of the Civic Center from high in the seating area and will try and post them here if I can. The center floor in the large enough to have a full size basketball floor and the necessary seating to hold the fans, to give you some idea of the area the the show was held at. The photos will be dark because I was only able to use the available light in the room.

The GPAA didn't do very much local advertising to get the show publicized in the community and several local folks told
me that they were not aware that the show was going on.

The lectures that were given were well attended by the show attendees and most folks I talked to offered positive comments about the show.

I had a great time down in St Joe and am looking forward to doing it again next year when the show will be in Illinois.

Dickb
Last edited by dickb on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby russau » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:04 am

so that was you up there in the balconey flashing everyone!:):) when i saw the first flash, i was just glad no bullits hit me! i guess thats from living in St. Louis, Misery!
russau

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting