Randy's Arkansas River Sluicing - 7 Feb 13

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Randy's Arkansas River Sluicing - 7 Feb 13

Postby C-17A » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:30 pm

Hey Gold Dredgers...

Made it out to the river again last Thursday... Moved downstream to a new spot, where a small spring was feeding into the river. This was the only place the rocks & material wasn't forzen solid.

The days have been fairly warm & sunny lately, so a lot of the snow & ice on the East side of the river has melted off...

I took about 20 to 30 minutes to roll & pitch rocks & sluice the river bed material with my Le Trap sluice...

The day was sunny, warm, not too windy. I got some decent flood gold for my 3 or so hours of effort.

Upstream view:

Downstream view:

I made one YouTube video here for your enjoyment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upSOMRipCns

Oh, went flyfishing the day before on the river for about 2 hours. Luckily, I got 3 nice trout for dinner.....2 Rainbows & 1 Brown. Yum!

Hopefully you will get out soon as well...

O.K. I finally hand panned out the 3 small tubs of cons from my last 3 trips out sluicing... Got 1.76 grams of nice, fine flood gold for my time on the river. Very happy. Here's the close up pics for everyone that likes to see gold. :P

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Randy "C-17A" :D http://www.goldadventures.biz

P.S. Many, many thanks to Leonard, John, Ed & Rick for letting me play on 2 of their claims close to BV...so much is frozen like concrete, unworkable. If not for these 2 "spring" areas, it all would be unworkable until late Spring. Thanks guys! ;)
C-17A

Re: Randy's Arkansas River Sluicing - 7 Feb 13

Postby russau » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:24 am

Randy it looks appearent that you and Ric "Dr.Sluice" could give us all a lesson on captureing fine gold! thanks for the pics!
russau

Postby Hoser John » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:26 am

:D Great pics of the cold frozen grounds. A couple a weeks ago I got out for 3 days in the snow/spring run off and extremely good for the soul. A mans' soul is indeed refreshed by such honest toils and that righteous oro puro ain't bad either. I got a micro amount and didn't even care. Enjoy yourself as I sure do like your posts 8-) John
Hoser John

Postby golden optimist » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:03 am

It almost looks like summer. I thought the river would be frozen over.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting