Arkansas River, CO -- Sluicing With Rich 19 Feb 13

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: Arkansas River, CO -- Sluicing With Rich 19 Feb 13

Postby dickb » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:32 pm

OUCH

Better take better care of yourself. I hope it heals quick and well.

Dickb
Last edited by dickb on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby russau » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:34 am

Thanks Dick for the thought! i hope it dont throw a bucket of cold water on my plans!
russau

Postby Hoser John » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:02 am

:o GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS bud this has gotta stop :? Us ol'farts'x falln'apart and not slowly no more. True story--My brother Larry took a spill skiing last month-100% totally paralyized with 3 blown disc and 2 vertabra shattered. He's gone from a cucumber in Intensive care to walking unaided in 5 weeks. He has a chunka metal in his neck now but absolutely amazing operation and from 0 to human again. Keep that chin up as you'll dribble them libations ifn' ya don't and I know damn well ya hate wastn' any bud 8-) take care-be careful and heal man heal as summer will come soon enough-RESPECT-John
Hoser John

Postby dickb » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:03 am

Well that's what happened to me last March and I ended up cancelling our vacartion to SC. Walked out the front door and down to the curb in the snow then stepped off the curb and went down like a rock and broke my arm at the wrist and elbow.
After that I knew that driving down there and not being able to shovel or pan, would not happen. It all worked out though and I'm sure your will make it work out for you.

Keep your chin up (pun intended). :lol:

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby Hoser John » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:08 am

Amen Db as us ol'miners are some determined stubborn ol'dogs who don't comprehend the "I give i give up mind set". Jus' heal up-get up and l keep on a goin' in any mode or fashion possible. Out detecting yesterday with a double filtermask rebreather-looks funny as LL with earphones too,like a WW2 pilot but by god my arse was out there gettn' some sun,exercise and a bit a gold too........ 8-) John
Hoser John

Postby russau » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:23 am

I wish i could have been there with you John! BUT...........
russau

Postby golden optimist » Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:34 am

If we could get about 1/2 dozen of us old and crippled up old farts we'd almost hav a dredge crew. We'd still probably be able to get more gold than the Hoffman's.

Good to hear you made it out John. We had about 4 inches of snow last night and more is falling. Boy am I glad I'm retired and don't have to make that 45 mile drive one way to work in this stuff. I just hunker down.

I'll have to break into the booze backup though as I drank my last beer yesterday and there's only one shot of whiskey left. I do have 2 bottles of Evan Williams egg nog though. Looks like the cap will come off of one of them this afternoon.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby h20prospector » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:56 am

Leonard,

Russ and I will join your crew :P Right? You just have to promise one thing. NO video cameras!! Actually no cameras of any kind. I'll even not sleep in the car with the engine running next to your camper. Additionally, I'll even spring for a case of beer (your choice) & a bottle of Wild Turkey ;) No Russ, I ain't paying for the gas out. :| Water has to be warm though, not too fast, and low enough, that if and when we slip :o we won't drown :lol: :lol: :lol:
Retired AF Veteran - 26 years
LDMA/GPAA/GPOC/PLP member
Ice & fly fisherman

'If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.'

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!
h20prospector

Postby russau » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:18 pm

Pat you maybe Leonards newest friend now!:):)
russau

Postby Hoser John » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:50 am

:lol: Ol' mining dogs in a mode of evolution to find a solution to this arcane convalution of physical degradation. Geno was my hero,laying flat on the ground and saying,'Jus gimme a minute and we'll go" damn good man and I do miss him and his iron fisted tenacity was a lesson for us all. It ain't over till the ol' man can't fart as none a us can sing worth a CENSORED :lol: John
Hoser John

PreviousNext

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting