Douglas Creek Wyoming

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Douglas Creek Wyoming

Postby russau » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:01 pm

well momma gave me a hall pass for Dc this July but for only a couple of days. probly July 5/6. no trailer or dredge this year. we will drive up in her car to save $$ and fuel! probly try to stay at WyCo lodge or in Larime. its her first vacation in several years. we are going to see some of Colorado.
russau

Re: Douglas Creek Wyoming

Postby CalGoldDredger » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:18 pm

Enjoy, Russ, and be it a safe journey, bud.
CalGoldDredger

Postby russau » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:51 am

Thanks John! were just going to drive out and see Leonard and the CCC guys this trip and take in the sites of Wyoming/Colorado and give my back a break!
russau

Postby gremlin » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:58 am

i took a trip this spring in co. oh man was i wanting to stop and do some panning. the guys i was drving home with did not want to stop for much. i did have fun spotting all the old and new mines along the road way.

get better russau the gold will still be there unless i find it.
save a tree, eat a squirrel.
gremlin

Postby russau » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:25 am

thanks Mel! im going to take the year off on dredgeing because of my back and see what it feels like this Fall atleast. so i think ill just put a hold on selling my dredge untill then.no rush! heck who knows i may be up your way this fall! PM me your email addy and ill give you a honk if/when ill be up that way. one of your (southern In.gpaa) chapter members is comeing up to DC this year. i dont know all of his name but Tom something is all i got from Leonard.he will have a great time there!im sure of it!
russau

Postby Hoser John » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:05 am

YAHOO RUSS- I was bumbed gettn' sick at DC cost me my Yellowstone visit, so could ya please give a picnic basket to Yogi and Boo Boo bear please :lol: John
Hoser John

Postby dickb » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:27 am

Hi Russ:

Well, as far as I'm concerned, your making the right choice not selling the equipment. If your back doesn't get better, then OK, go and sell but I'm betting you'll be sucking dirt back at DC sooner than you think. Maybe a smaller lighter dredge is in your future, but wait and give yourself some time to heal and re-strengthen those back muscles.
Have a great time on vacation and enjoy the scenery.

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby russau » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:19 pm

haha, who knows, what the Shadow knows!! yep Dick i hated the thought of selling it in the first place, but we will see what time brings!
russau

Postby russau » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:52 pm

well as it turns out, this trip just got cancelled (wife)due to the heat here in St.Louis. but itll happen this September when it cools down and the Colorado fires are out!
russau

Postby gremlin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:32 pm

you should check the heat at the place your going. mite be way better weather there.

heck last year the water was so low the fish were looking for water. this year the water has be way to high to go out much. darn the luck.
save a tree, eat a squirrel.
gremlin

Next

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting