Randy's Gold Cube

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Randy's Gold Cube

Postby h20prospector » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:52 pm

To say the least, I'm impressed with the operation of the Gold Cube!! However, having a 3" dredge/highbanker combo unit doesn't allow owning one for a while. The cash out lay is too steep at the moment. I'm like Russ in a way. Equipment rich, cash poor :lol: :lol: and not to far behind health wise :(

I took about 25 gallons of concentrates I had classified down to 20 mesh to his house. About a gallon was some Alaska cons from friend who lives in Hope AK. Randy's GC made short work of the cons. I ended up with about 6 cups of super cons which I'll pan out over the next couple of weeks. I marked each run 1 and 2d tray. I even ran a 5 gallon bucket of cons that made it through 8 mesh but not 20. While the GC made short work of my cons, I wasn't fast when it came to scooping out the bucket into the GC. Sure is a bitch getting old :D

Then Randy did a demo of his perfected method of panning. 'Back wash and tap' on almost 12 grams of fine gold I could seem to get rid of all the black sand. I must say he has the patience of Job, when it comes to cleaning up gold in a finishing pan. Actually he could teach Job a thing or two about patience.

Pat
Retired AF Veteran - 26 years
LDMA/GPAA/GPOC/PLP member
Ice & fly fisherman

'If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.'

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!
h20prospector

Re: Randy's Gold Cube

Postby russau » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:50 am

yep! im a beleiver in the Gold Cube!
russau

Postby YellowFever » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:31 am

Its a good unit, I have a video review that I made last year I have just been to lazy to post it yet. The thing that I like most is that you can really feed it a lot of materal and it takes it and wants more without cloging up!
YellowFever

Postby h20prospector » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:08 pm

After seeing it in operation, I'm really liking it more & more. Have to get rid of the combo unit, otherwise it's not financially viable.

First off I would use it to clean up my cons, then progress to taking it out in the field. Unfortunately, it has limitations, namely it needs to be pretty near a water source if you going to use it as a highbanker. Obviously not the case should you use it a recirculation device. I can almost use 300 ' of lay flat hose with the combo unit. The pump is strong and pushes the water up a gradual rise in elevation. What do you expect. It's a Proline.

Finding a GC for a decent price is difficult. There probably more available during the wintertime. Anyone have one, not using it, and want's to make me a good deal? Send me a PM.

Pat
Retired AF Veteran - 26 years
LDMA/GPAA/GPOC/PLP member
Ice & fly fisherman

'If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.'

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!
h20prospector

Postby YellowFever » Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:45 pm

I got mine on ebay, but Armadillo mining in Grants Pass, OR usually has good prices and they ship fast too. Most people that have one will not be willing to part with it so finding a used one will be hard.
YellowFever

Postby russau » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:36 am

i suggested that Pat call Mike Pung and ask him. Pat did and now he has a Gold Cube of his own.
russau

Postby C-17A » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:06 pm

Pat,

Ha. Glad you came over with all your buckets of cons and we could run them on the "Cube" in my garage...

Yep, I love it. Fast & loses VERY little even with a 2 matting tray "3-stack" model. I get about 95% always in the top tray and maybe 5% in the second tray.

With my Topper unit and 2,000 GPH bilge pump and lots of hose it's a great streamside mini-high banker too. I have run it that way many times now and it's fast, reliable & compact for it's size. The battery is the only heavy item.

Yes, the "Backwash & Tap" panning technique works great. Lets you get the finest gold up out of heavy black sand. My demo video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cbiiohp5bQ

Yes. Patience and tenacity are virtues that fit the gold prospecting hobby well! ;)

Congrats on your Cube! In the future you'll definitely want a Topper unit, and 2,000 GPH pump. I recommend the Atwood, as it only draws 6.6 Amps, lowest on the market.

Randy "C-17A" :) www.goldadventures.biz
C-17A

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting