Gold Cubing/Dredging Arkansas River, CO -- 4 & 5 Aug 13

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: Gold Cubing/Dredging Arkansas River, CO -- 4 & 5 Aug 13

Postby russau » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:34 am

John i think Ed is formulating some rocket fuel formula for Leonards old dredge.itll suck like a 10 incher when hes done!
russau

Postby C-17A » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:19 pm

Russ,

Ha. I liked the comment of Ed being soon able to dredge with TWO dredges side by side at the same time......

I's LOVE to see that in the fast, deep water Bill & I were in..... Ha. ;)

I have learned one thing..........running ol' Yeller..............that nozzle time matters. Really. No matter the spot, no matter the guess on gold you THINK "should" be there............4 hrs will give you more gold than 3 hrs running and SURELY a lot more than just 2 hrs running. Glory is to him that can just hum a tune, think about their wife...........whatever, and keep dredging, unplugging rock jams and gettin' more material up and thru the sluice box!

May your box be full of pickers...........and color.

Randy "C-17A" :D
C-17A

Postby OKJohn » Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:08 pm

Back home after 2 weeks of dredge time on the Ark. My back, arms, and legs are sore. My forehead and back of my neck are sunburned, and my lips are chapped. Buy WOW was it a fun time to spend with Bill (cobill) and Randy (C-17A). We wrestled the river to the ground and demanded a little of her yellow metal. Nobody got rich, but I would say it was one of my most productive Ark trips ever. No complaints whatsoever!

And, I got to introduce my 17yo son to dredging. It was harder work than he expected, but I think he saw that an honest day's work on the nozzle would help fund his hopes of buying a car. My guess is that he will be tagging along next year too. That makes me very happy.

Between the four of us, I think we worked at least 12 different holes. Its worth a 12+ hour drive to have that much nozzle time and move that much material.

Thanks for letting us borrow the dredge Leonard! As you have read, she was not idle much of the last two weeks.

I believe we are all dreaming about next year. Where to go, when to go... By then, I should be recuperated. :D

OKJohn
OKJohn

Postby polekaat » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:04 pm

/jealous
My poor old dredge is hollering at me to get it wet.
I guess I'll have to take a long weekend and find some of that super scarce yellow stuff here in Texas.
I have over a month of vacation saved up and no where to spend it. Maybe I'll be able to head to Alaska next year with Micropedes, for 6-8 weeks.
We've been tossing around the idea of moving back to the Denver area, but the pay is much better here and the cost of living much lower.

Trevor
polekaat

Postby OKJohn » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:22 pm

You're in Houston, Trevor? Thats 6 or 7 hours south of me. Take some of that well earned vacation time and spend a couple of weeks in central CO. My soul needs some mountain time every year.
OKJohn

Postby cobill » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:23 am

Randy, I just received my Gold Cube Banker and they've made a new mod- an extension off the left side of the spray bar with a blue 3/4" hose that goes into the top tray water input. This should reduce the cons and provide a better cleanup. As a bonus, they now have 3 gold traps, for all that yellow stuff you find! :D
Had a great experience and now I'm ready to sample and explore the river even more,

Bill
cobill

Postby russau » Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:21 pm

Bill could you post a picture of this new mod? i also have a GC and love it!
russau

Postby cobill » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:53 pm

Russ, attached is a Youtube link showing the new mod.

Bill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb22GZpoIlk
cobill

Postby russau » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:29 am

that a logical mod for the Cube! i like it! looks like Red is a man of many tallents! the red hard hat is a nice touch!:)
russau

Previous

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting