Douglas Creek Labor Day ?

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Douglas Creek Labor Day ?

Postby MtDew » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:30 am

Just wanted to know if anyone was heading to Douglas creek this labor day and if anyone has been up there lately and know how the water is running ? I've had 3 years of health problems and I"m just getting over them and have cabin fever bad LMBO. Would appreciate hearing from anyone that's been up there and how they did and if there's very much water flowiing... Take care all and hope you all find gold in your pans.........
MtDew

Re: Douglas Creek Labor Day ?

Postby russau » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:46 pm

i havent been there since last year when the fires chased me out.bad back/knees/ankels are keeping me from anything this year!
russau

Postby MtDew » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:43 am

Ya last year we were going to meet Reed there but due to fires we met up with him at the flying J in Cheyenne instead and headed down to Colorado instead. I don't want to haul my 5th wheel up there if I don't know how conditions are so maybe I'll just take some small equipment and the 4 wheeler up and food and sleep in my truck for a couple days........
MtDew

Postby gremlin » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:32 am

sounds like a blast wish i could head out there.
save a tree, eat a squirrel.
gremlin

Postby russau » Thu Aug 29, 2013 3:26 am

hey MTDew i just got a reply from a guy that was up there last week. he said,DC was real low. he was sluiceing. it may be a great time to get in there!! wish i could make it but................
russau

Postby MtDew » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:28 pm

Thanks Russ for the info..............
MtDew

Postby MtDew » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:30 pm

Well Truck is loaded, trailer hooked up and 4 wheeler gased and tied down. Now I need to figure out how to go to sleep earlyy lol. You ever notice how hard it is to get a good nites rest right before a prospecting trip ? The bloods a pumping and your thoughts are of all the gold nuggets your going to get, how the gold is going to just flow thru your sluice ? LMBO THATS why I can't sleep the nite before. Hope there's some people up there to make new friends with. Weather is going to be great, not to hot and only down into the high 40's at night and lower 80's in the day. Was going to take my dredge but decided I'll take my proline highbankerdredge intead just incase water is to low, got my old promack sluice and I'm ready. Hope you all have a great labor day weekend. Regards Jeff aka MtDew/Dredger1
MtDew

Postby golden optimist » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:10 pm

If you know where the Beans&Bacon claim is just down river from the GPAA claim is located, you are welcome to do a little work there. If you get too close to the Flats, you are on another claim though.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby nebraskadad » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:26 pm

I am curious how the beetle kill is in MBNF. it was God awful last time i was out there.
nebraskadad

Postby russau » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:45 pm

Rex, last year there was LOTS of fire wood around! the FS guys burnt a lot of it around the closest outhouse/campsite. then the jerk that helped start the Squirel Creek fire last year didnt help any! it looks like theyre running out of trees!and with only 12 more days of dredge season there,better hurry!
russau

Next

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting