4th of July at Douglas Creek?

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

4th of July at Douglas Creek?

Postby golden optimist » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:04 pm

It looks like Ed will be at the flats for the 4th. Anyone else interested? It might be possible to have a few more join him. I may make it and Corky and Dave are a possibility.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Re: 4th of July at Douglas Creek?

Postby polekaat » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:09 pm

I wish we could make it. But I have dredging commitments on Beaver Creek for that weekend.
Leonard, if you don't make it to DC, you're more than welcome to play armchair quarterback and tell me how to do things "right" at beaver creek.
polekaat

Postby Hoser John » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:35 am

Any luck getting Genos ashes ??John
Hoser John

Postby golden optimist » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:25 am

Not yet.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby tcfifer » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:25 pm

You can tell when dredging season in the Snowy Range is right around the corner...they start clearing trees again!! :roll:

Media Contacts: Larry Sandoval, (307) 745-2420 or Aaron Voos, (307) 745-2323

Portions of 512 and 543 Roads Closed on Laramie Ranger District

(LARAMIE, Wyo.) June 24, 2014 – Two forest management projects for hazard tree removal will begin this week and will result in temporary road closures on the Laramie Ranger District (LRD) of the Medicine Bow National Forest.
The first closure is on Forest Road 512, from the 511/512 Junction (Four Corners) approximately eight miles west towards the North Platte River. Access to Pickaroon and Pike-Pole dispersed camping areas will be affected, as well as the Douglas Creek and Platte River Trails. The contractor plans on starting cutting in units closest to the river and working their way east.
The closure is from Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., with no operations on holidays or weekends. Alternate access to the Platte River Wilderness and the North Platte River can be found via the Pelton Creek Trailhead and Six Mile Gap Trailhead.
This project, on the west side of the Snowy Range, is part of the Medicine Bow National Forest Long Term Stewardship Contract. Work on the 512 Road is anticipated to be completed prior to big-game hunting seasons this fall.
Secondly, work on Forest Road 543 will close the route from its’ southern junction with the 542 Road to the northern junction with the 500 Road. The 543 Road runs along the west edge of Rob Roy Reservoir and south to the community of Keystone.
This closure is also from Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., with no operations on holidays or weekends. Alternate routes such as Forest Roads 511, 512, 542 and 543 south of the closure area are available to travelers.
Operations on the 543 Road are anticipated to conclude for the season by Dec. 1, 2014.
Specific to the 543 Road work, the contractor will only close road segments in close proximity to where they are physically working. The closed segments will move as work progresses, leaving as much of the remaining closure area as accessible as possible.
Logging machinery will be encountered near both contract areas and log trucks along Forest Roads and Highways. When machinery near roads is encountered, visitors are advised to use caution, not stop for extended periods of time, and keep moving through the area. Additionally, the public should not enter areas which are posted closed, as they are closed for their safety.
Temporary road closures and detours are a short-term inconvenience needed to provide for long-term public safety. Forest users need to be aware of ongoing changes that may affect their travel and recreation plans.
LRD visitors are encouraged to check the latest status of roads and recreation sites by calling 307-745-2300 or stopping by the District Office at 2468 Jackson Street in Laramie from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Information may also be found on this website, http://fs.usda.gov/mbr, or you can follow the MBRTB on Twitter, @MBRNFsTBNG.

TC
tcfifer

Postby russau » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:35 am

thanks for the headsup Tim!
russau

Postby tcfifer » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:16 pm

Well, its opening day...wish I was set up and running my gold sucking mother of a machine!

I can remember in years past how multiple forums would be all abuzz about who was going and when they'd be there. Any more, a DC rendezvous feels like a small blip on the radar. How things change! :cry:

TC
tcfifer

Postby russau » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:52 pm

your right! lots of people aren't posting anything over the net. some reasons are obvious and others .............well lets just say mums the word!
russau

Postby COArgonaut » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:51 pm

Spoke to the chaps up at Laramie Forest Service office.
The logging trucks will be using road 512 between the Flats and Highways 230, but the closure is further west than the flats.
No word on Bobby Thompson campground.
My bride and I will be at the Flats for tea time on Thursday.

ed
COArgonaut

Postby tcfifer » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:55 pm

russau wrote:your right! lots of people aren't posting anything over the net. some reasons are obvious and others .............well lets just say mums the word!

Very sad!! :cry:

TC
tcfifer

Next

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting