Arkansas river and cache creek...??????

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Arkansas river and cache creek...??????

Postby contrygal » Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:50 pm

Hello fellow prospectors,
New to this forum , so thought we would ask some questions to the experienced.
My husband and I, celebrating our "50th" anniversary in July. :D We are waiting so we can come there to Buena Vista in September, may be a good time as far as
the season and tourists go.??? He has always wanted to pan and sluice in the Arkansas river. Also a fellow prospector suggested the Cache creek area also.
We may park the travel trailer at an rv park and do some panning on the GPAA claims there.
This trip is special and we plan on stopping in Buena Vista on the way north to South Dakota, on to Yellowstone.
If things "pan" out ... hee-hee- :lol: we may come back next year and bring some friends and , business to the city.!!!!
Are there any important things we should know or be aware of, regulations etc....???
Thanks for any information,
Sincerely, contrygal and her 'better half' Don :D
contrygal

Re: Arkansas river and cache creek...??????

Postby russau » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:35 am

First off WELCOME to the site! the ARV is a layed back type of area. watchout for private property lines. these people have been invaded by people wanting to work the river that's on their property lines. they get hot quick! but youll have a very enjoyable time there! I wish I lived closer! and definatly check out Randy (C17-A) and his website!
russau

Postby golden optimist » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:31 am

contrygal wrote: We may park the travel trailer at an rv park and do some panning on the GPAA claims there.

September is great on the Arkansas. The water is low. We usually have a few people down there over Labor Day.

Do you "dry camp" with the RV or do you need all the hookups?

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby contrygal » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:47 pm

Yes Leonard;
We will most likely stay at the Arrowhead point campground with full hookups.!
contrygal

Postby C-17A » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:15 am

Countrygal,

Welcome and I think you and yours will enjoy the Ark River Valley that time of year. Most the Summer crowds are gone by mid-August.

Check out my web site and especially my Forum. I have LOTS of Trip Reports on what I do on the Ark and up at Cache Creek under "Western Gold States".

HTH,

Randy "C-17A" :)

http://goldadventures.biz/

http://goldadventures.createforumhosting.com/
C-17A

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting