South Park week vacation.

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

South Park week vacation.

Postby nebraskadad » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:53 pm

well prospecting was pretty much a bust last week. Water was high everywhere.

Fairplay Beach - Road Washed out
IMG_2010-25-60.jpg
Fairplay Beach
IMG_2010-25-60.jpg (72.19 KiB) Viewed 6997 times

Arkansas River South of Pump station on JUne 21st.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQP6BEgxiuY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hUYWa7Mds0

My Wife's uncle took a tumble off a Ford 9n and got ran over and landed in Co Sprgs Memorial with a broken pelvis and 6-9 months of rehab. We spent most of vacation doing errands around the ranch and taking stuff from Lake George to Springs for her aunt. One day was digging out tractor stuck in the mud where it stopped after running over her uncle. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

We closed on our new property which we are extremely pleased with.. I will try to resize some more photos to post.

IMG_2927.JPG
IMG_2927.JPG (42.82 KiB) Viewed 6998 times
Last edited by nebraskadad on Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nebraskadad

Re: South Park week vacation.

Postby golden optimist » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:23 pm

Sorry I didn't get back to you but things were pretty hectic the last 4 weeks. The water level is why we normally go to douglas Creek this time of year. Let me know if you want to go there.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby nebraskadad » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:44 pm

Leonard, Don't sweat it. It was a mess last week. lot of drownings on the arkansas and platte the last couple of weeks out there. Maybe by fall things will have settled down.

I hope you are feeling better. Sounds like you have had a crappy month. Get better.
nebraskadad

Postby AuTSaurus » Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:06 pm

Sorry to hear about the uncle's injuries, Nebraskadad.

That's a shame about the mud, that it was enough, and deep enough to "stick" the tractor,

too bad it didn't cushion him enough to prevent his getting broken.
AuTSaurus

Location: Wrong end of California, hmmm.... actually, the wrong state!

Postby nebraskadad » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:31 pm

AuTSaurus,

we are just grateful it wasn't worse. He was in good spirits the day after surgery. But part of that could have been the epidural drugs he was getting.

It was a blur. My wife and i were coming up the driveway from closing on our property to see the Fire Trucks and EMT Squad and my wife's aunt standing next to the crew, seeing her uncle getting worked on by the EMT's.

He crawled about 50' feet to the road, didn't have a cell phone, (not that one would work where he was) his wife only found him because she was coming down the road to meet a fishery truck delivering trout to the pond.. She saw the tractor and got out and found him. I think we will get them some walkies.

we heard this after the fact. Her aunt asked us to make sure the fish were delivered. We were glad we could take care of it ...
My wife took pics of the fish and showed him as that was his plan for the day, to smooth the road for the fishery's truck.. He was tickled to see the trout feeding on his pond,from a short video we took with the phones.

Heavy equipment and being alone isn't a good mix.
IMG_2955.JPG
IMG_2955.JPG (49.27 KiB) Viewed 7000 times

the trout that were delivered were supposed to be 9" to 12", there were a bunch that were 16" of better and chubs. The pond is full of chow for them, so they won't be too hungry for quite a while :-)
IMG_2943.JPG
IMG_2943.JPG (38.95 KiB) Viewed 7000 times
nebraskadad

Postby AuTSaurus » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:18 am

Damn. That sounds like it was a close one. Also sounds like he is one tough son of a gun.
Thank goodness he didn't pass out where it happened.

I hope he heals and rehabs well so he can enjoy his OWN trout pond. Wow. Neat!!!
AuTSaurus

Location: Wrong end of California, hmmm.... actually, the wrong state!

Postby Hoser John » Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:35 am

:? Toooo close for comfort, hope he heals fast. AND get back to fishing that cool pond-John
Hoser John

Postby nebraskadad » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:45 am

Amen, we are hoping he is back on his feet soon as well. I think being away from the ranch will be hard on them. While CoSprings is a nice town, their condo isn't home for them.
nebraskadad

Postby russau » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:48 am

Rex that was TOOOO CLOSE! Ive got some (4??)smaller walkies ill give you. let me get them out of the garage and check them out! Ill also need your mailing address to ship them to you.
russau

Postby russau » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:15 am

Rex I cant find the walkies I had. probly sold them several years back at a garage sale. SORRY!
russau

Next

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting