Createforumhosting.com Off-Line?

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: Createforumhosting.com Off-Line?

Postby dickb » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:16 am

Hi Randy:

I wondering if you will lose all of the information that was posted on the old forum. My guess is that if you don't have a recent backup of the forum before losing it, you may never be able to recover it.
You may be creating a whole new forum. I hope this is not the case, but only time will tell.
What is interesting is that nobody seems to know what happened to you old hosting site. I would have expected some chatter from others that were in the same boat as you. There is a lot of very good information the may have just vanished.

Good luck to you.

dickb
Last edited by dickb on Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby russau » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:14 pm

Leonard has pulled some of it back , and saved it onto his video site...but he said a long time ago ,if you want it , go get it and save it for yourself.
russau

Postby golden optimist » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:18 pm

I haven't had a site just go away. I always was able to copy everything before they quit. I have had to move everything a couple of times though.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby nebraskadad » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:41 am

Randy, I use GoDaddy,

I would be happy to let you piggy back on my hosting, I have more than enough resources.
I capture backups nightly, on all my Wordpress Sites. I host for several friends and family, My brother in laws tile company , an aunt's church, a friends counseling services, another friend's real estate co,
Andy's Thomas Creek (Top Runner Sluices) was on mine until he quit building. Plus Nebraska Gold Prospecting, and Farms - USA

it would not be a big deal for me to add your stuff to the mix. (free!!) I can do SMF, PHPbb, and Workpress, if there is anything else you'd need i could look into it.
Been hosting with GodDaddy since 2002, when i got crapped on by an over seas hosting company that did the same thing to you.

I

Just let me know. it would take me a few hours to prep everything.

rex

golden optimist wrote:
C-17A wrote:Hey Rex,

I was looking to see if I could find a free Forum hosting service, like I had. Do you know if Leonard's phpBB Gold Dredger Forum (here) is free hosted, and if by whom... Maybe Leonard will chime in...

I host through http://ipower.com
I have used them for about 17 years. I don't know that I recommend them though. I have had problems and they aren't very good problem solvers. They tend to shut the site down and then tell me to fix it.

I have my Gold Adventures domain and web site hosted by Yahoo since 2008.

Seems phpBB points you to several hosting services............ https://www.phpbb.com/hosting/ I see Bluehost, Forumatic, Fastdomain and Hostmonster. I already have the domain & web site hosting at Yahoo. Would I simply have to create a Forum hosted by one of these sites and then link to that site, like I did back at createfurumhosting.com?

Randy "C-17A" :)
nebraskadad

Postby russau » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:17 am

To bad Andy stopped with his sluice! over on treasurenet.com theres guys wanting them!
russau

Postby dickb » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:20 pm

Russ:

Have you looked at the CalSluice. Pretty similar to what Andy did. But a little pricy.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 7793,d.eXY

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby nebraskadad » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:35 pm

Dick, that does kind of look like the TR2.. it doesn't look like they have an active sales site.. Don't see a price.

I have been thinking about picking up a brake, but can't seem to find time for what projects i do have.

I still Facebook Andy from time to time. I do know with 3 little ones they are busy as all get out. last talked to him they
are still renting and he hasn't gotten his brake and shear out of storage.
I too know a few people who would like one. I still have one of the original prototypes. I would love to see him develop it and make a go of it.
nebraskadad

Postby C-17A » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:31 pm

Rex,

I got your phone message late today...

No time to call back now. Too tired, too much to do still... Up at 4 AM and off to Kalifornia tomorrow.

I'll take a look after I get back on 30 September, and after I do laundry, get caught up on bills, mail, e-mails, etc.

Thanks for the offer to help! ;)

Cheers,

Randy "C-17A" :)
C-17A

Postby nebraskadad » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:27 am

Randy, we will be in the area the part of the last week of Sept, and 1st week of Oct, Friday to Friday.

just FYI. we will probably come over to HH and / or Cache Creek for a bit on a couple days. Not sure yet when,
nebraskadad

Previous

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting