Createforumhosting.com Off-Line?

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Createforumhosting.com Off-Line?

Postby C-17A » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:52 am

Hey Dredgers...

Sadly, my Gold Adventures free Forum, hosted at www.createforumhosting.com seems to be off-line. Been unable to find my Forum for about 3 or 4 days now...

The URL is in my favorites, and all I get is a delay and "Page Unable to Be Displayed".

I find the hosting home page site on Google, but when I try to go to that home page I get the same "Page Unable to Be Displayed" notice.

Anyone know what's up here?

I have no way to contact the hosting service to inquire about my Forum if I can't find them either. Google searches haven't shown me anything about a server/service outage?

Help...

Randy "C-17A" :oops:
C-17A

Re: Createforumhosting.com Off-Line?

Postby russau » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:07 am

Heck I thought it was just me!
russau

Postby nebraskadad » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:26 pm

randy,

my 1st website was on an offshore hosting site, i paid for domains and CPANEL applications. they went down with no notice and didn't respond to emails.
I tried to get my stuff back for a few months, after about 2 weeks i registered new domains with GoDaddy, I can run up to 25 domains, and 25 database applications for about $150/Year plus the Domain name registration.

If you need a site let me know. we can register a domain at GoDaddy, and I can bring up phpBB or SimpleMachine Forum like i've had on NE-Gold Forums.

i'd be happy to help. GoDaddy is charging about 10 for new domains, and $20 for renewals.

I could also setup a subdomain off my "farms-usa.com", that would be no cost to you or me. i don't have a good name right now that would reflect your gold adventures.

I could set up goldadventure.farms-usa.com if that would help you out.

you have my email, let me know.

Rex
nebraskadad

Postby russau » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:09 am

Thanks Rex! you've always been there to help me out when ever I had problems with my computer!
russau

Postby C-17A » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:54 am

Rex,

Thanks for the info...

I already have my Gold Adventures domain over at Yahoo since 2008.

I simply linked to my free forum that started back in 2008 at atfreeforum.com that morphed into createforumhosting.com when they forced me onto one of three servers they were setting up for worldwide ops. I migrated onto their USA server about 1 1/2 years ago. Never had any real problems until now.

Funny, I never got any admin notices or alerts that their server was going down, that their company was maybe going bankrupt or anything... Their web server home address appears to be off-line too at the moment, so I don't have a good way to try and contact them.

Randy "C-17A" :oops:
C-17A

Postby nebraskadad » Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:31 am

Randy,

just let me know. I'd be happy to help out.

rex

As an aside, it does appear from my location, http://createforumhosting.com/ returns a blank page rather than a connection error. which is promising (or not) ..
nebraskadad

Postby russau » Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:00 pm

Randy when you get the site up-n-running give us a holler!
russau

Postby russau » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:05 am

Randy , Leonard and I can vouch for Nebraskadad (Rex) and his ability to get things fixed ! Hes a I.T. guy and has helped me with my computer more times then I can count! plus he and his son has been out with us several times.
russau

Postby C-17A » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:45 am

Hey Rex,

Well, sadly, no Gold Adventures Forum...still...

I was looking to see if I could find a free Forum hosting service, like I had. Do you know if Leonard's phpBB Gold Dredger Forum (here) is free hosted, and if by whom... Maybe Leonard will chime in...

I have my Gold Adventures domain and web site hosted by Yahoo since 2008.

Seems phpBB points you to several hosting services............ https://www.phpbb.com/hosting/ I see Bluehost, Forumatic, Fastdomain and Hostmonster. I already have the domain & web site hosting at Yahoo. Would I simply have to create a Forum hosted by one of these sites and then link to that site, like I did back at createfurumhosting.com?

I'd like to start a new Gold Adventures Forum, free if possible. Recommendations?

TIA,

Randy "C-17A" :)
C-17A

Postby golden optimist » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:04 am

C-17A wrote:Hey Rex,

I was looking to see if I could find a free Forum hosting service, like I had. Do you know if Leonard's phpBB Gold Dredger Forum (here) is free hosted, and if by whom... Maybe Leonard will chime in...

I host through http://ipower.com
I have used them for about 17 years. I don't know that I recommend them though. I have had problems and they aren't very good problem solvers. They tend to shut the site down and then tell me to fix it.

I have my Gold Adventures domain and web site hosted by Yahoo since 2008.

Seems phpBB points you to several hosting services............ https://www.phpbb.com/hosting/ I see Bluehost, Forumatic, Fastdomain and Hostmonster. I already have the domain & web site hosting at Yahoo. Would I simply have to create a Forum hosted by one of these sites and then link to that site, like I did back at createfurumhosting.com?

Randy "C-17A" :)
golden optimist
Site Admin

Next

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting