Littleton, CO in June

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Littleton, CO in June

Postby monkey » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:25 pm

First, let me say that the registration confirmation thing is deranged. It took me three times to "see" the right code, and I have 20/20. I just re-registered on the new site.

I will be going to Littleton the second week of June for some training, arriving on the 5th and free on the 6th. I have done some research on Clear Creek, but I was also looking at Deer Creek. Is it open to prospecting like Clear Creek? I will probably only be able to bring my pans and maybe an EZSluice. But I am young and strong if anyone needs a dredge tender or highbanker shoveler.

Thanks,
Arthur
monkey

Re: Littleton, CO in June

Postby YellowFever » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:15 am

Well I dont know about them places, I have been looking at some other places, I do know about some free places. I am not sure what I will be doing during them days but your more then welcome to join me! I live in Grand Jct Colo.

I have a 4" and a 2" dredge, Highbanker with 3"pump, dry washer, and a pile of other things! LOL

hit me up on a PM if you would like to go out.

P.S where you from?
YellowFever

Postby golden optimist » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:16 am

We'll have to look as the date gets closer. I may have that weekend free. The big problem then though is thats about the middle of run off season. All of the streams will proably be running bank full and dangerous. We usually go out around Memorial day and soon after, there is too much water. The 4th of July we go to Douglas Creek because it's down then. Labor day we go to the Arkansas River as it's also down by them.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:53 pm

im just going to have to move closer! you guys are just having to much fun!
russau

Postby urbanminer » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:45 pm

And think of how much fun we would have if you were here! Marc
urbanminer

Postby monkey » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:41 pm

Okay thanks. I will pull this post back to the top as the date gets closer.

YellowFever,
I am from Central Alabama. I just bought some land in Chilton county, just at the bottom of the AL gold belt. Blue Creek runs right through my land, and there are several historical gold mines downstream where the largest gold nugget in AL was found back then. I have not had time to prospect because I am clearing land and building roads, bush-hogging, and making a garden. And that is just my free time when I am not traveling all over for work!
monkey

Postby gremlin » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:42 pm

make a road to the creek, every sunday drag a grill down to the creek and spend time with the famly. do some paning, fishing and just have a bit of fun. life is to short to work all the time.
save a tree, eat a squirrel.
gremlin

Postby YellowFever » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:57 pm

monkey wrote:Okay thanks. I will pull this post back to the top as the date gets closer.

YellowFever,
I am from Central Alabama. I just bought some land in Chilton county, just at the bottom of the AL gold belt. Blue Creek runs right through my land, and there are several historical gold mines downstream where the largest gold nugget in AL was found back then. I have not had time to prospect because I am clearing land and building roads, bush-hogging, and making a garden. And that is just my free time when I am not traveling all over for work!
If you need me to get that gold off your land just let me know! heheheheh

I know of a few places that you can go to here in Colo that will be good during that time! Just let me know if your interested.
YellowFever

Postby monkey » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:32 pm

Well, I made it. Been gone all last week, or I would have posted sooner. How does Clear Creek look?
monkey

Postby au_miner » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:36 pm

I tried working my spot on Clear Creek the other day, but the spring run off made it a little harder to work, L only got a fraction of what i usualy get
au_miner

Next

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting