Heading to the cabin in May.

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Heading to the cabin in May.

Postby nebraskadad » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:38 am

Don't know how much prospecting i'll do, but plan on heading to South Park to the Cabin mid may. My son, his labrador and i will be farting around for a few days,
and then head to Broomfield / Boulder for my daughter's graduation from law school.

Plan on spending more time at Granite since it'll be without momma. I always worry about her busting her replacement knee when we are climbing around the rubble.
Checking to see if Randy C-17A is still checking in here. I was hoping to get reports on what granite will look like in May? and where to set up a sluice?
nebraskadad

Re: Heading to the cabin in May.

Postby russau » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:54 pm

CONGRATULATION'S Rex on your daughter's graduation !hat's a great mile stone to accomplish ! I wouldn't worry about your wife's knee , I had both of mine replaced several years back and I'm glad that I did it ! It took me about 1 year for the (small )pains to go away , now I'm left with other problem's BUT that's life !
russau

Postby Hoser John » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:29 am

Congratulations that's great-John
Hoser John

Postby nebraskadad » Mon May 13, 2019 2:24 pm

weather was an absolute mess.
Staying warm seemed to take precedent.
warm green chili goes over good on cold spring days out there.
IMG_9056-1024-768.JPG
IMG_9056-1024-768.JPG (274.36 KiB) Viewed 6924 times
nebraskadad

Postby russau » Mon May 13, 2019 6:43 pm

YUMMMM !
russau

Postby RiverGold » Thu May 14, 2020 7:03 pm

I have got too used to looking for a "like" button here as on Facebook!
But, that green chili looks awesome. Green chili is something I really miss about Colorado and New Mexico. I can not find it here in Vermont - anywhere. They don't like spicy foods here.
Good luck on your prospecting trip!
Randy
RiverGold

Postby russau » Sat May 16, 2020 7:33 am

Well Rex I'm guessing your getting real close to moving to your Co. cabin fairly soon ! I would to if I had your place ! :D
russau

Postby nebraskadad » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:27 pm

Russ, the thought definitely is crossing my mind.
We've not really had time to get up their since last year which sucks
Wife and i are heading up next week for a week of cool weather. Hope to head to Cache Creek for a little bit of digging. Sounds as if High Hopes is not an option anymore. :(

The daughter graduated has a job in Boulder a job as a Legal fellow for Medtronics, the company owns the patents on the respirators.
She is assigned to work in the group that does the respirators prior to the Commy Flu BSfrom even being a thing. She landed back in Nebraska when they closed the office for the Wuhan Flu.
she's been home since mid March and working remotely, like Kim and I are. Kind of a pain from time to time. But we are muddling through, She is supposed to head back later in

We did get a tax deed for a nice 9-1/2 Acres spot in addition to our 12+ acres.
it doesn't have anything on it, but it is 500' off elkhorn road making Grid electric within reason.

We are likely gonna buy a travel trailer once the kids are paying back their stupident loans.

as an aside, I've not made a batch of green chili for a while, i'll probably make a batch when my hatch peppers start producing.
nebraskadad

Postby russau » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:30 am

It sounds good Rex ! I just sold my 29 foot travel trailer a week ago. Instead of the elect. grid , why not look into solar ? Good luck with what ever you choose !
russau

Postby nebraskadad » Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:44 am

Russ, i do have solar panels and batteries. When My son and i were there in May it was snowing we didn't get much charging. I don't think that will always be the case.
I will post pics when i get back. Hope all is well with the CCC crew. Miss getting together.
nebraskadad

Next

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting