PM

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

PM

Postby golden optimist » Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:30 am

Russ:
I got your PM and tried to reply but the old "stay on the out box" is deciding it doesn't want to go. It will probably decide to go later, maybe. I'll send you an email later.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Re: PM

Postby russau » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:02 am

My wife got a virus on the computer (W10) so she switched back to W8 and today she is going to try to get our W10 tower back up-n-running............I also lost my cell phone about a year ago while camping in out trailer , so I decided I've had enough problems with BS calls so I didn't replace it !! If it weren't for bad problems , I wouldn't have any problems ! :roll: both of my Skype #s that I gave you ( my old one and my new # are ok depending on which OS (W8 or W10 ) I have working at that monument! :roll: Hopefully I'll have it worked out today! Anyway I hope everyone is doing all right ! I haven't heard from Hoser after I sent him several PMs ! I hope he is doing O.K. in light of those cal. fire's AGAIN !
russau

Postby russau » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:33 am

Well my better half replaced our W10 tower and key board and low-n-behold I'm bbbbaaaaacccck ! :roll: I'll keep the W8 tower for my back up system. :roll:
russau

Postby golden optimist » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:17 am

I went and looked and sure enough, I still have 2 PM's in my out box. I don't know what the problem is but don't count on me replying with a PM. They don't seem to be going out.

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby dickb » Sun Aug 30, 2020 2:02 pm

The internet is overloaded now and with Internet School coming it will get much worse. Your seeing a lot of buffering now and the bandwidth is nearly full.
Business's are getting first shot at the bandwidth and individuals are being throttled as much as the providers can get away with. None of the providers have been upgrading their systems and now with the pandemic they have been caught with their pants down.
I don't see this getting better anytime soon. New infrastructure needs to be built and they need the government to increase bandwidth for the internet providers. I see school opening for about six weeks and kids getting sick by the thousands. Then, it's back to lock down and maybe this time we can do it right.
This is not over by any way you look at it.
I needed cataract surgery in March and was held off till July 21, then it went a little hard and needed 3 weeks for recovery. All is good now and my vision is great. I know I was one of very many with the same problem so we will see that happens over the next 2 years. I'm not looking for this to end and go away quickly. Just look what happened during AIDS.

Dickb
77 Retired and Free
Eastern Iowa
dickb

Postby russau » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:00 pm

Dick I agree with you whole heartedly on this Covis -19 lasting for a long time ESSPECILLY when you see a LOT of people out in stores or just walking around without a mask ! YEP , it aint over anytime soon ! Make sure you get a flu shoot before the rush starts !
russau

Postby golden optimist » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:03 pm

The wife and I pretty much do all our shopping internet and they bring it all out to the truck and load it for us. We get very little exposure.

I need a hair cut but I don't want that much exposure. My wife said I'm getting to need a hair band and put it up into a pony tail. The bald on top and long on the sides.

The people around here seen to be getting better using masks.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:58 pm

Leonard I finally got my Skype and sound working. :roll: It sure took awhile !
russau

Postby golden optimist » Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:05 pm

I'll try to get a hold of you Wednesday or Thursday.

I've been fighting my computer also. I'm losing more of my xp software and then I have to move over to my windows 10 laptop.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:44 am

I'll look for you each day after 6PM . If I remember that' s when you usually get on-line ......
russau

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting