It is time.....

All information and questions about the Rocky Mountain aera prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

It is time.....

Postby COArgonaut » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:26 pm

Well, I think we have all recovered from the Annual Douglas Creek Adventure. A fine time was had by all.
But, wait! The season is not over yet! Labor Day is approaching (can ya belive that???). So it is time to dust off and head out for one more blast for the season.
Here is the plan of attack:
Arkansas River, High Hopes Claim.
Arrive this weekend! Stay for a week! Leave on Sunday the 20th. I know, we usually do this over Labor Day. But, I can't take a week off for that week. So, we will make do with August. Weather still warm. Water is getting lower and warmer.
I know at least one other person who is going to join me. Any other takers? This is your chance! Post a reply. We will see what takers we can gather up.

Ed
Colorado Culture Connection
Communications Team
KD0IRT

Photo from last year:
Attachments
Ark_1.jpg
Ark_1.jpg (96.71 KiB) Viewed 4133 times
COArgonaut

Re: It is time.....

Postby russau » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:15 am

Ed id sure like to come visit, but i cant at this time! thanks for the invite! i know you guys wil have a good time!!
russau

Postby Hoser John » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:03 am

:D Party on Ed!!! Going to San Diego and Del Mar pretty quick like for the ponies and concerts. Starting to get the hang of being unemployed a bit now-tons a au 2 u 2-John PS-Ed I have some great pics of ya at DC that I can now email ifn' ya want to PM your email addy-still can't post and geeks stumped and wallet for this getting low,new 'puter time???
Hoser John

Postby urbanminer » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:34 pm

I think that I might be able to get a couple of days off at the end of the week. How many people are planning to be there? Marc
urbanminer

Postby cobill » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:53 pm

I'll be there on Sunday afternoon and stay 4 -5 days. :D Hopefully the Dahlke can find more gold this year...it surely can't be me! :lol: See you there,

Bill Moore
Laporte, CO
cobill

Postby COArgonaut » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:08 pm

How many? Well, looks like me, Bill....my bride will be there on the weekends. So far, that is all who have committed. Sounds like there might by an appearance by Cecile B. DeDredger, famous filmographer. Sort of waiting to see who else shows up.

Ed
COArgonaut

Postby WildernessAU » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:29 pm

I'd like to come and meet some of you guys sometime next week. I would love to dredge but most of my gear is tied up, though if I get hoses for my 4" could test that baby out! Either way, I'll try to stop by and see how the diggs are going.
Dainis
WildernessAU

Postby bobber_2 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:14 pm

OH that's too funny :lol: - Cecile B DeDredger -- I think I ran into him a couple of Sundays ago...
bobber_2

Postby golden optimist » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:52 pm

It looks like I'll be there late sunday afternoon and all day monday. I'll leave to meet OkJohn in Salida late tuesday afternoon and then we'll go on to secret places for a week.

Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby YellowFever » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:53 pm

golden optimist wrote:It looks like I'll be there late sunday afternoon and all day monday. I'll leave to meet OkJohn in Salida late tuesday afternoon and then we'll go on to secret places for a week.

Leonard

take me! please!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just kidding, with the water as low as it is I went across stream and did some test panning yesterday and found the "sweet spot"!!!!!! i will be working that for the nest week, maybe I can drop by and see you guys if I'm not to busy getting rich!!!!! LMAO
YellowFever

Next

Return to Rocky Mountain Prospecting