Rest In Peace

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Rest In Peace

Postby Pennrungold » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:45 pm

We lost a prospecting buddy last Saturday. Some of the old time prospectors here might remember him from outings at the Swank property in Ohio. Steve was a DEF member and made it to the big muddy in Georgia. Here is a photo of Steve with a flintlock rifle he made.

BREMEN: Stephen Clarke Boch, (The Ohio Outdoorsman), 58, of Bremen, died Saturday, February 27, 2010 in his residence.

He was born May 17, 1951 in Lancaster, Ohio. With his deep interest in the outdoors, Steve owned and maintained the website: http://www.ohiooutdoorsman.com. Steve was a NRA life member, member of the Ohio Gun Collectors Association and was an Extra Class Amateur Radio operator - NI8F. Steve had a very interesting and diverse work career. Starting as a tool and die maker for Essex International; he then served as a Police Officer for the City of Lancaster. He worked eleven years in the furnace room at Anchor Hocking Plant 1. He was very active in local politics and served several terms as a Lancaster City Councilman. Steve worked for the Ohio Department of Youth Services. He monitored the construction of, helped activate and open the Marion Juvenile Correctional Facility, initially as the building Maintenance Superintendent 1, and later teaching Construction Technology classes at the facility. He worked most recently as the IT Manager at Universal Radio, Inc. Former positions with Universal Radio, Inc. included Store Manager and Service Manager.
Pennrungold

Re: Rest In Peace

Postby Gold Seeker » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:12 pm

May he rest in peace, and my condolences to his family and friends.

Skip
Skip P.

God, Family, Friends, and Gold!!!
Gold Seeker

Postby golden optimist » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:44 pm

Dang! I hate it when someone younger than I am passes on. It makes me feel old!
Rest in peace.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Gods speed Steve! i had the honor of knowing Steve only breifly! i meet him at the Swank property during Ohios Gold Rush Days in 2006 or 2007. he invited me to his campfire and have dinner with him Denny Roark and a lot of other people that were on the Ohiooutdoorsman site. he was truely a very likeable nice guy. this ole world needs more people like Steve! he will be missed,as if he isnt already!sad day!
russau

Postby Dawgmining » Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:05 pm

diggen the big one
I hope
John Adams
Dawgmining

Postby Flourchild » Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:09 am

Steve was a good man was always willing to help a guy out and will be missed. My condolences and prayers to his family he's walking streets of gold now God Bless Steve
A river runs through the Garden of Eden called the Pishon and in this river is gold and the gold there is good!
Genesis 2: 10-12
Flourchild

Postby Hoser John » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:52 am

We are greatly diminished by the loss of any good mining men--RIP- respectfully John Oates
Hoser John

Postby geno » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:25 am

I think I remember him from the GA mudbog... I know for a fact the he is in a much better place and he's probably teaching a bunch of old souls how to pan for gold.
God Has Blessed him mightily.
geno
Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
Marcie Foleyhttp://www.campgeno.com
geno

Postby El Dorado » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:39 am

RIP.......
El Dorado

Return to General Prospecting