Too Old To Dredge?

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Re: Too Old To Dredge?

Postby getterdone » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:09 pm

I think the old saying applies to me, got old to quick & smart to late.
getterdone

Postby russau » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:12 am

! kinda fit that description except for being smart!
russau

Try this place in Ohio or NE Illinois for dredge hose?

Postby Tvanwho » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:47 pm

https://www.imscompany.com/ProductNavig ... ber=120743

They have a Blue, see thru hose, in 2 inch for $2.20 a foot, BUT if you need 2.5 inch ID, the price almost doubles to $3.50 a foot.
The Kuriyama Tigerflex hose is made close to where I live , about 20 miles away. They sent me to a local dealer, Motion Industries,I think it is. If you can pick the hose up in person ,no freight charge,just local tax. Kuriyamas phone number is 847-755-0360. They have Tigerflex see thru hose model WH100 specificallys says for gold dredging, 45 psi.
Ps, Russ, we now have a placer on the Wabash river with easy access from a campground, and I have seen some pickers and rice grain chunks dredged out of it.The area covers about 200 feet wide of river by at least 1/2 mile long, but bottom is soccer ball size cemented cobbles and black water, VERY difficult not to trip. I need to wear a life jacket and will keep a large inner tube around my waist for safety. Built me a homemade 2 inch dredge with 5 foot long pvc pipe handle to the nozzle, so I can try dredging while standing up.

-Tom V.
Tvanwho

Postby russau » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:13 am

my compuyor died and im on a library computor untill my new unit arrives. so i wont be online much till then. Thanks Tom for the info.
russau

Postby Tvanwho » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:35 pm

No fun when the ol PC dies on you and like most of us, we never back anything up.Sure hope you are not like me in that regards Russ? 2 of us are trying to find a 3rd driver/dredger to go to Thermal City in NC in late June, must be nonsmoker tho, are you at all interested in going for a week? I only have a tiny Subaru Forester, gets good mpg, but not much room inside.

-Tom
Tvanwho

Postby russau » Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:06 pm

yep Tom im one of those kinda guys that wait utill the last minuet to save anything. TO LATE! my new computor is going to get here May 8. i cant make it with you to SC, ill be headed towards Colorado/ Wyoming with my wife! thanks for the invite!
russau

Postby bill-costa rica » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:08 pm

yep , getting too old to dredge, the 10 inch is killing me, even with a few young guys to help me set up and move it. just can’t do it. so the 10 inch is going up for sale. going to finish my shaker and buy a 320 cat excavator and do some machine mining. I can sit on my ass and pull levers a whole lot easier and get the young bucks to do all the running. thank god I live in central America where the labor is cheap. never thought I would sell my dredge. I guess my plans to build a 16 inch have just gone away. it really sucks getting old…. and they call it the golden years…my ass :lol:

bill/cr
bill-costa rica

Postby Hoser John » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:29 am

8-) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN brother of the dredging tribe. But oh what a glorious run by us amazing young men and our miraculous dredging machines :lol: Wild and crazy times riding them 8-10-12" hoses, livn' like animals out in the forests for months at a time :shock: and tearing up the town when them righteous piles a gold mounted up. Better to have flown like a eagle for even a day then to have strutted around like a duck for a lifetime :D Only regret I have is I got too damn old too damn fast as 40+ dredging seasons was just a drop in the bucket of life-respect Bill-John
Hoser John

Postby Bonaro » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:09 pm

I am not getting old...the things I insist on doing are just getting more painful... :?
Bonaro

Postby bill-costa rica » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:43 pm

posted the unimog and the dredge for sale on craigslist. lot of interested in the unimog, nothing on the dredge…… I can wait……. trade for a cat 320 ? maybe

bill/cr
bill-costa rica

PreviousNext

Return to General Prospecting