Happy Thanksgiving!!

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Postby libertydave » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:43 am

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. Most thankful for the many friendships made and all of the the gold recovered in more than thirty-four years of mining.

You might recall that I had written about the number of 5 gal. buckets with cons stacked up in my garage. A couple of the buckets dated back to the 1990s. Last weekend I finally finished processing the cons. Screened it to thirty mesh and ran this thru my Gold cube. then took this to under 100 mesh and used a retort. Finished the final bucket this weekend and the recovered gold came to 9.46 dwt. The best were a bucket of cons from dredging on the Klamath River (in 1998) in upper Savage Rapids.

All the best to each of you this Thanksgiving Day and hope to see some of you while mining next year.

Regards, Liberty Dave
libertydave

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!!

Postby russau » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:35 pm

Same to you and your family Dave!
russau

Postby Gold Seeker » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:52 pm

I hope all had a happy and safe Thanksgivings!!

Dace congratulations on the recovered gold from your long-saved cons!!
Skip P.

God, Family, Friends, and Gold!!!
Gold Seeker

Postby Hoser John » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:23 am

:lol: Thanksgiving is one of those Holidays that just keeps on a giving. Leftovers that is ,soooooooo much turkey it's all I'll have for a week. Hope you all had a great relaxing day-John
Hoser John

Postby Bonaro » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:30 pm

LD, I dredged just below savage rapids the same year but it was late in the summer.
I fished a dandy pry bar and a 50# weight belt out of the bottom of the Mega hole...hope they weren't yours...lol :shock:
Bonaro

Postby Hoser John » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:25 am

Sounds like the kayakers favorite game-glide by in the dark and steal equipment and dump them into the deepest holes. Caught a few in the act and done to many friends on quite a few rivers. Glide by all sullen in the daylight and come like thieves in the night. :x Strange that the rafters-much more socialable folks-are not nearly so problematic.John
Hoser John

Postby libertydave » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:50 pm

I know that area of the Klamath River well. Did not lose a weight belt or a pry bar, at least that year, and we worked about a hundred feet above from the Mega-hole in a twenty foot stretch of exposed bedrock right in the gut of the river. Pay streak paid pretty well. We followed the gold upriver sampling all the way to where the K-River makes a bend to the left. Pickin's got quite spotty at that point. That was in 1992-1995. We came back a couple of years later after the flood of 1997...and again in 2001.

You likely know this spot...camped right across river in the primitive area right next to the highway along with another twenty or so folks. You might have read my article for Dave Mack in his website called "The Klamath Experience". Wrote it some 20 years ago.

LD
libertydave

Postby Bonaro » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:31 pm

Yep, thats the spot :D
I had two dredges up there that year. A 3 that we kept on the near side and a 5 that we swam across. We hit the base of the rapids right behind the huge rock on the far side. Insane current. pulled only a half oz of leftovers
Bonaro

Return to General Prospecting