Irrigation pump seal

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Irrigation pump seal

Postby golden optimist » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:05 pm

I have an underground sprinkler system on my monstrous estate. All 2 acres of it. I get irrigation water which I run into a small pond and then pump from it. I run around 140 gallon a minute from a 5hp electric pump. I just replaced the pump a couple of years ago to the tune of $1600 dollars. It has a hand priming pump and a dredge foot-valve on the suction line. The pump has a float valve to shut it off if I loose water. The pump has a ceramic seal just like a dredge pump so I try not to run it dry. The other day the pump ran dry and didn't shut off. It may have ran a couple of hours dry. When I got water I expected it not to prime and pump but I guess someone figured I had enough adverse happenings this year and everything worked fine.The lawn is getting watered as I type.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Re: Irrigation pump seal

Postby russau » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:02 pm

yep you didn't need anything else to happen!
russau

Postby Hoser John » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:58 am

I remember that ordeal as one HEAVY arse pump they are. Nice to see someone with some luck going on. After running off at the mouth that my back was doing good....guess what stupid ol'fool believed his own hype and went and trimmed my trees, picked up mess and vacuumed up the leaves and is NOW in painville. Backbrace what stinkn' backbrace...1 retarded moment for sure. Ta da yes ignorance does NOT bring bliss as no luck here but a friggn big OUCH for 6 days.......damn-John
Hoser John

Postby golden optimist » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:13 am

I work with the wife in her flower gardens but I've learned to take it easy. We have help fpr the hard stuff. Hope you get better soon.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:40 am

yep I totally agree with Leonard about going at it slowly!
russau

Postby Jim_Alaska » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:59 pm

Sorry to hear you had to replace that pump Leonard, they don't come cheap. Too bad I didn't know about it when you needed it, I have one that I would have sold you real cheap. I moved and don't need it any more. It is a 5 horse pump I used to irrigate with, it pumped water all the way from the river, uphill to my house. Probably a good 75 yards. The nice part about my setup was I could prime it by running a hose from my domestic water supply to a valve in the irrigation line near my house; because it was all downhill from there it was just like an auto-prime.

Jim

golden optimist wrote:I have an underground sprinkler system on my monstrous estate. All 2 acres of it. I get irrigation water which I run into a small pond and then pump from it. I run around 140 gallon a minute from a 5hp electric pump. I just replaced the pump a couple of years ago to the tune of $1600 dollars. It has a hand priming pump and a dredge foot-valve on the suction line. The pump has a float valve to shut it off if I loose water. The pump has a ceramic seal just like a dredge pump so I try not to run it dry. The other day the pump ran dry and didn't shut off. It may have ran a couple of hours dry. When I got water I expected it not to prime and pump but I guess someone figured I had enough adverse happenings this year and everything worked fine.The lawn is getting watered as I type.
Leonard
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby russau » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:41 pm

Jim where did you move to? maybe in a PM would be smart!
russau

Postby Jim_Alaska » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:31 pm

russau wrote:Jim where did you move to? maybe in a PM would be smart!

I'm not hiding Russ. We downsized to a travel trailer and I now live in Seiad Valley, about 18 miles down hwy.96 from Happy Camp.
Jim_Alaska
Property and Mining Rights Advocate
Klamath River, California
foley4086@gmail.com
Jim_Alaska

Postby russau » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:26 am

We were wanting todo that BUT to many things keep getting in the way!
russau

Return to General Prospecting