Moderators: russau, Leonard

Fast Now

Postby CalGoldDredger » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:39 pm

WOW Leonard, this forum is blazing fast now. (knock on wood) :D
CalGoldDredger

Re: Fast Now

Postby eightymesh » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:59 pm

Leonard ...you da man................ :arrow: its zippee now
"As long as I am an American citizen and American blood runs in these veins I shall hold myself at liberty to speak, to write, and to publish whatever I please on any subject." – Elijah Parish Lovejoy (1802-1837)
eightymesh

Postby russau » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:07 am

hows bout that!
russau

Postby Hoser John » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:31 am

:lol: yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaffffffffffffffrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiigggggggggggggggggnnnnnnnnhhhhhhhhoooooooooo WE'RE GOOD TO GO AGAIN-GO YOUR DA MAN--John
Hoser John

Postby golden optimist » Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:26 am

It really seems to vary a lot. I have my fingers crossed. I could put up with a 10 second every now and then but??????????????
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Postby russau » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:16 pm

zippin along jus fine!
russau

Postby Joe S (AK) » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:56 pm

Well, She's a Smokin' Now!

It would seem that some outside factor has caused the slow down and now has shut down it's activity.

In the past my own PC has 'picked up a cold' where a virus would have the programing task itself a simple command many thousands of times a minute. The upshot was a very slow computer.

Another mining site had a similar problem with multiple, multiple postings of extremely long posts which jammed up the forum speed. It went to the point that the site had to go to a variation of the posting process to break the cycle. Once broken, the forum returned to normal speeds.

Spring Break has been, traditionally, a period where enviro nutz have had the time on their hands to bombard gold forums with irritating attacks like that. It might just be that the 'fix' was a simple return to classes.

At this point I would guess that we have returned to business as usual - until it happens again.

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby AuTSaurus » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:50 am

GO,

This is great!!! This is the fastest that it has run for me, since you opened this newer forum.

Now, if only they will 'fess up and tell you what they had to tweak or fix to obtain these results.

Greg
AuTSaurus

Location: Wrong end of California, hmmm.... actually, the wrong state!

Postby Hoser John » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:07 am

:lol: Great running 2 days in a row--this is like sex at 60--over fast--John :ugeek:
Hoser John

Postby golden optimist » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:16 am

AuTSaurus wrote:GO,

This is great!!! This is the fastest that it has run for me, since you opened this newer forum.

Now, if only they will 'fess up and tell you what they had to tweak or fix to obtain these results.

Greg

I asked them what they did to fix it. I may not get and answer though. I hust hope it stays this way. I don't mind a little wait occasionally as it is a shared server but when it is as bad as it was, it was nearly useless.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Prospecting