Russ’s Back Yard

Any information related to prospecting

Moderators: russau, Leonard

Russ’s Back Yard

Postby micropedes1 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:35 pm

Am touring Russ’s back yard looking to buy an airplane for better mining access. Lotsa planes available here. Interesting country, but not much gold, huh? Gotta be better than those Kansas flat lands I saw yesterday. Sure do miss the high country though.
micropedes1

Re: Russ’s Back Yard

Postby russau » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:03 pm

Glen where and when will you be around? and for how long? Other than sucking up the leafs I'm ava. if you need some help! I tried to PM you but according to my computer , you do not exist! That's what happens when you live in Misery! :roll: I'm assuming your fling in , If you need a ride around ,I'll pick you up at the airport.
russau

Postby micropedes1 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:59 am

Flying? Not with the turbulence and winds from this last storm. Too rough! Am driving this trip.

Have looked at 4 planes so far and have not found what I am looking for yet. Landing on gravel bars eats up landing gear so it has to be strong. Walking 100 miles out of the bush is not an option for an old man. Know of anything in your immediate area, Russ? Am in Mexico, MO at the moment.
micropedes1

Postby russau » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:08 am

Glen , not off hand ! Maybe Parks Air College in East St. Louis, Illinois ??? I've never had to deal with aircraft myself!
russau

Postby Joe S (AK) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Parks is (probably still should be) a well known name in flying training and academics. The school might not have their own airframes but you can bet that students and faculty know where they are.

Try the "Trade - a - Plane" also. Someone you talk to can tell you where to get one.

T Craft, Cub, jeez, the older ones are often the stronger / better ones.

Try the net, too - ya nevah know!

If your just wanting to fly over and do a lot of aerial observation on potential ground to work there is also using a Drone Option. Less cost, videos to view and critique over and over. Cost is relatively low also.

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby russau » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:43 pm

Thanks Joe! Good info!
russau

Postby Ornery Cuss » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:58 pm

What about the bone yards in AZ ?
Maybe worth the time

OC
So much river...So little time
Ornery Cuss

Postby Joe S (AK) » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:29 pm

I think the aircraft at "D M" (Davis Montham AFB, Tucson are not for civilian retail purchase. The fact of the matter is that most of the mothballed aircraft are mighty spendy to get back into airworthy condition, realizing that they are usually more than a guy really wants for a relatively small operation.

Now if you get really lucky then start hittin' LEONARD up for all the advice he can provide. He used to work on 'em long ago.

Worth a try - but but be prepared for ..................

Joe
Wiser Mining Through Many, Many Personal Mistakes (OOPS, "Personal Learning Situations")
Joe S (AK)

Postby russau » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:11 am

In any event, if your in the area , drop by and I'll tip one with you and throw in a burger or so! I'm in the book!
russau

Postby golden optimist » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:51 pm

Joe S (AK) wrote:
Now if you get really lucky then start hittin' LEONARD up for all the advice he can provide. He used to work on 'em long ago.

Joe

Not me. You must be thinking about someone else. The only thing I've had to do with planes is fly on them occasionally.
Leonard
golden optimist
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Prospecting